Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lech & Zurs - what should we know?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're hooked on Austria, and are contemplating staying in either Lech or Zurs next February, and I'm after a bit of feedback about what they're like to stay in.

I've read the horror stories about prices, but I'm still tempted.

I have ski-trailed into Lech from St Cristoph once about 5/6 years ago (from St Anton) but don't know anyone who has stayed there.

I'm looking for a bit of inspiration as to where to stay this year really, having already done the following in recent years:

Soll
Neiderau
Kitzbuhel (Twice)
Kirchberg (Twice)
Saalbach
Hinterglemm (Three times)
Zell am Zee
St Anton (Twice)

Some decent impartial views would be useful, as would any other suggestions - I tend to book accomodation directly and we self-drive these days owing to having to travel at half term/school holidays due to work.

There must be some other gems that the British tour operators ignore?

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Serfaus:

http://www.bergfex.com/serfaus-fiss-ladis/

Ischgl:

http://www.bergfex.com/ischgl//

and Zillertal valley to mention the bigger ones.

We enjoyed a lot the Ski Amade resorts and Obertauern (Salzburger ski pass). If you drive you could ski everyday in different village on the same ski pass - Ski Amade. Schladming itself is over 100km with Flachau/Zauchensee/Wagrain nearby. Or further down the whole of Gastein valley which is in its own enough for a week.

http://www.skiamade.com/en/winter

On my list of smaller places also Nassfeld and Silvretta Montafon.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ischgl.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
oofaafuu, I have stayed in Lech a couple of times and enjoyed it, both a while ago though. First time was when I was working overseas and earning rather more money than I do now and it was not particularly cheap.
Second time was in a B&B and was pretty reasonably priced. The resort was not cheap by Austrian standards but nor was it expensive by European standards, eating out was quite pricey. Great place to ski and stay.

Agree with the above suggestion of Ischgl where we have skied for a number of years now in Feb break though we stay down the road at Kappl and drive upas it is cheaper that way.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have stayed in Oberlech twice, staying both times at the excellent Hotel Montana. I've also stayed in Stuben as a cheaper alternative to Oberlech, staying at the Hubertushof - excellent hotel but not quite as good as the Montana. Personally I would not stay in Zurs unless you wanted to stay in your hotel after skiing - pretty soleless place in my opinion.
www.oberlech.com for the hotels etc to choose from. Personally I think Oberlech is a better base than Lech. Stuben is a a good value place to stay if doing the Arlberg - quiet at night mind you.
As T Bar, has stated, I too have taken the family to Kappl the last 2 years and is a great wee resort with close links to Ishcgl. Stayed at the Gasthof Alpenfrieden this year which was a great find - right beside the piste and great value and excellent food. The on piste skiing is better than that of St Anton BUT I still return to St Anton as often as the mrs allows for my lads trip. Ischgl doesn't float my boat quite as much as Lech/St Anton.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd agree with boabski, Oberlech is brilliant. Also agree that you should avoid Zurs! Oberlech has a beautiful setting and 'on the piste' hotels. The restaurant at the Hotel Post in Lech is superb. Lech is a great choice albeit not a cheap one.

Never skiied in Ischgl but have heard good things- have meant to go for the past two seasons and always been sidetracked rolling eyes
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy