Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jacket abrasion protection

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just bought a new jacket (in a highly toxic colour so everyone can avoid me on the slopes).

I usually wear a back protector and find that my jackets wear through on a the back fastest. Now some of this is due to me frequently sliding over rocks, stumps and saplings having turned turtle but I attribute some of the increased wear rate to the back protector abrasion.

Any ideas for prophylactic remedies to forestall the inevitable? Apply a layer of duct tape to the inside of a new garment?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmmm good question. Something like those repair patches you used to get for your school trousers after to much skidding on the knees.

I always worry about my jackets when carrying skis on my shoulder. Embarassed

What jacket have you got?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Are you wearing anything between the protector and the jacket? If not why not just put a big tee shirt on over the top of the protector as a sacrificial layer and save the jacket?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Richard_Sideways, Plus rocking the Tall T would definitely increase my steez when I take the jacket off or even if I can can get it to drag round my bum while skiing. Contemplating a full Tupac doorag to mop up the sweat under my helmet too.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob, sounds like it will cease to be fashionable before it wears out Wink
not sure duct tape is a good idea if you want to maintain its breathability although if it will be where your pack is anyway maybe that isn't too much of an issue
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll have to change your name to Phatbob, and the less said about excess helmet sweat the better.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Are you wearing anything between the protector and the jacket? If not why not just put a big tee shirt on over the top of the protector as a sacrificial layer and save the jacket?

seems to be a sensible suggestion!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy