Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soll or Scheffau for New Year

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
These look like the 2 cheapest options for a family of 4 from Edinburgh. Any views, oh Lords of the Piste?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ghost Dog, Soll. More going on, much nicer village.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bode Swiller, +1 ^^^^^^what he said! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In the SkiWelt, Westendorf.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Scheffau is a quaint little village and very quiet. It's a bus ride (or a gentle blue run down, snow permitting, then bus back) to the lifts where there are good ski/boot lockers. There are a couple of nice traditional bars there (although one of them is horribly smoky) and some lovely family-run hotels. It's definitely a good place for families if you have kids.

Same ski area as Soll, just a different way up. I had one night out in Soll whilst staying in Scheffau and it's certainly much bigger and busier. It looks like there are many more hotels but it's still a bit of a journey to the lifts. The nightlife I experienced wasn't my thing at all. Far too Benidorm (drunken Brits removing clothing and generally being loud and irritating). But I think if you avoid places like the Whiskey Muhle and Red Horse, there are many better options for evening entertainment.

The piste area is huge and has something for everyone with good fast lifts and plenty of variety.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
THanks all. Booked Soll as it was cheap, under £2300 for four from Edinburgh.

Crystal website a bit weird at the mo, every time you click continue the price comes down. You have to select your rooms and continue before it applies the £50 a head discount. Just so you know...

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 27-06-11 10:37; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Soll, so you can see if Kevin from On the Piste is still trying to get off the rope tow
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy