Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head Raptor 120RS boots

Poster: A snowHead
Have apparently got a 17 deg forward lean (aggressive by anyone's measure), but the ramp angle has been decreased to 5 deg.
What is the net effect? Anyone?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Horizontal to Cuff, 17 degrees, Zeppa 5 degrees donc 12 degrees internally. Testing is 10 degrees except Lange, 7 degrees. We got all our 130 RD's delivered with corrective risers, canceling out the 2degree lateral clog cant. Bit strange. Puzzled
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dunno, but I get wet feet. Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spyderman, Did you get them made longer?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Horizontal to Cuff, 17 degrees, Zeppa 5 degrees donc 12 degrees internally. Testing is 10 degrees except Lange, 7 degrees. We got all our 130 RD's delivered with corrective risers, canceling out the 2degree lateral clog cant. Bit strange. Puzzled

i thought BZK's was bad , talk about terminology rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Aparently mine and CEM's were from the first production batch and the water gasket is defective in it's design. Head have sent CEM replacement parts, of the new design, which I haven't seen yet, but I think the lack of overlap on the Boot is the main reason for them leaking. I think I'm going to resort to a bead of my commercial flooring grade mastic to try and waterproof them. It's no joke, no matter how well they fit, if my feet are freezing cold and wet. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Spyderman, Did you get them made longer?

CEM and LARGEZOOKEEPER stretched them for length and width in the toe box, ground down the baseboard, ground down the footbed, plus fitted Comformable Pro Foam Liners. All to give me a bit more room. I'm well happy with the fit and performance, as long as my feet stay dry, as soon as they're wet, it's misery.

I will wait to see what these new gaskets do, failing which I think a communication to Head is in order.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 21-11-07 20:41; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spyderman, maybe your 2 degree lateral clog cant isnt cancelled correctly due to incorrect corrective risers Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Spyderman, So, did they get stretched in length?

skimottaret, Sorry, following the thread title and question, how would you have answered it? What would you like explained? Little Angel
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Spyderman, So, did they get stretched in length?

Yes, but the plastic on the toe box is now very thin, if I need any more length now it has to be ground out of the Heel Cup.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CEM measured the cant on mine with his wizzy device to be 1.8 degrees.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I wouldnt have a clue how to answer mate Toofy Grin be a good sport and give me a definition for the following and i will add to the glossary of techy terms so i might have a clue sometime... Laughing

Zeppa
Cuff
Clog
CLog cant
Ramp Angle
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skimottaret wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I wouldnt have a clue how to answer mate Toofy Grin be a good sport and give me a definition for the following and i will add to the glossary of techy terms so i might have a clue sometime... Laughing

Zeppa - Dunno
Cuff - upper part of Boot, bit round your leg
Clog - lower part of Boot, bit your Foot goes in
CLog cant - Angle between the Boot Sole and the Baseboard under the Liner. 2 deg lift on the inside, so that when edge is applied, you get on it slightly earlier and more aggresively.
Ramp Angle - Angle between leg and Boot Sole, so 17 deg forward on cuff and 5 deg up on heel = 12 deg in real terms.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spyderman, Confused you've been having too many brekkies at CEMs Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hmm. I think I will try out a pair first before committing to buy.

By all accounts they are a hell of a responsive boot, but I don't like the look of the numbers.....

Spyderman, are yours not the Raptor SuperShapes?
ski holidays
veeeight, Mine are Raptor 120 RS.

I thought you already had a pair Puzzled
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno, Brekkie is highly recommended, Baguette with Sausage, Bacon, Egg, Mushrooms & a touch of Brown Sauce. Very Happy
snow report
Spyderman, Cold wet feet are not good for you, hope you get them sorted snowHead
ski holidays
Linds, Trench Foot comes to mind Evil or Very Mad
snow report
As long as its not webbed foot, have you had the flu jab yet this year Laughing
latest report
Linds, Webs - No problem wink

Never had a Flu jab. Confused
snow conditions
Spyderman, Webbed feet, bird flu rolling eyes
snow report
Linds wrote:
Spyderman, bird flu rolling eyes

I'm a Bloke Laughing
snow conditions
veeeight, Raptor supershape might have kept some of the problems away. Laughing
ski holidays
skimottaret,
Zeppa: Italian for Footbed, better known as a baseboard. The part that fits into the clog providing the foot with a flat platform. This is a wedge shape thinner at the toe end deeper at the heel, pitching the foot and skier forwards.
Cuff or Coller: The higher part of the boot that wraps around the leg.
Clog: The lower part of the boot accomodating foot and encapsulating the 'Zeppa'.
Clog Cant: Changing the angle of the 'Clog' in relation to it's interface with the ground/snow. The foot should stand from the heel at 2 degrees to the lateral/outside of the perpendicular. Most ski boots stand at a neutral 0 degrees and alow the bootfitter to adapt laterally(outside) or medially(inside) depending on the stance of the skier.
Ramp Angle: The angle of the 'Zeppa' in relation to the horizontal of the outsole of the Clog. Many confuse this with 'Inclination' or 'Forward lean angle' which is the angle of the cuff in relation to the horizontal outsole of the 'Clog'.
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, top man cheers snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, If the Italians call a Baseboard a Footbed(Zeppa) what do they call a Footbed? Puzzled
latest report
Spyderman, Zeppa, it's a wedge that interfaces' with the foot. Otherwise, supporto del piede?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
veeeight, Raptor supershape might have kept some of the problems away. Laughing

Aren't the Raptor Supershapes the same last as the 120RS just softer and with a heat-fit liner? Bearing in mind, I'm 1.83m tall and 90kg.
In what way would they have caused less fitting issues? Puzzled
snow report
Spyderman, Don't fret Colin knows his Biz. Laughing The supershape is the 103 last, basically the highest volume performace shell on the market.
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I have total confidence that I have the right Boot for my Foot and I knew it would take several sessions in order to get them to fit, as I went for such a marginal fit (7mm shell check) before I bought them. CEM is as annoyed with Head as I am with the issues of the water ingress and lack of overlap, as he has the same Boots.
latest report
Spyderman, I decided to stay with my trusty RS110 for a litle longer.... (N100 last), think I did the right thing wink

SMALLZOOKEEPER, pretty sure the RS Supershape is also the RS last, not M103. The Mojo Heatfit is M103, and the MojoXP is RS last.
ski holidays
veeeight, Yeah the Supershape is RS 98mm, i felt sure they'd done a Raptor looking M103/N100 (same last wink) version. Can't find it anywhere.
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, So the Supershape is for lightweight Girls then wink
snow report
Hey Guys,

I have a pair of these boots and my feet get really wet when im on snow. Sad boot dryer is a MUST after a training session.

I want to add a bolt in the back of my boots as they are not that stiff anymore. BUT, there is no hole :S do i drill a hole or what?

Any help is great Smile

Confused Confused
latest report
benski94 wrote:
Hey Guys,

I have a pair of these boots and my feet get really wet when im on snow. Sad boot dryer is a MUST after a training session.

?

A bead of silicone under the overlap, covered in clingfilm until it cures, also around the front of the overlap, plus duck tape over the front of the overlap. They leak like a sieve.

Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow conditions
Spyderman wrote:
benski94 wrote:
I have a pair of these boots and my feet get really wet when im on snow. Sad ?

A bead of silicone under the overlap, covered in clingfilm until it cures, also around the front of the overlap, plus duck tape over the front of the overlap. They leak like a sieve.

Shocked guys, did you get your boots from a "£ 1 shop" Puzzled Confused
wink
ski holidays
Snowdrop wrote:
Spyderman wrote:
benski94 wrote:
I have a pair of these boots and my feet get really wet when im on snow. Sad ?

Shocked guys, did you get your boots from a "£ 1 shop" Puzzled Confused
wink

no ski boot is 100% waterproof, but some are not as waterproof as others, race boots in particular normaolly don't have the gaskets that are found on mnay recreational boots , they rely on compression of the plastic of the overlap to seal them and depending on the boot and the way it is clipped it doesn't always work out.

go to pretty much any ski race and look at the racers boots, doesn't matter what brand, many of them will have a strip of duct tape over the toes... (this is also a lifestyle statement and not only to keep their toes dry wink )
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy