Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2018 Winter Olympics

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's D day on wednesday. Which city will host the Winter Olympic Games in 2018?

. Annecy
. Munich
. Pyeongchang

I'm hoping Munich but the Koreans have been knocked back last two times so it could be their turn, and they are in another continent from Sochi 2014.

Apparently all live on Eurosport2 from 08:45 on Wednesday morning.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't see how they can go for Korea in view of the political situation? But then again since when did common sense come into it?

From a skiing point of view it will be crap to watch if they do. If they race as usual in the late morning then it will be live with us in the very early hours.

As usual it will be the biggest brown envelope that wins Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
robboj, The Qatar Winter Olympics it is then.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bode Swiller, Would it be wrong of me to say it will got where the "money" is? or is that just Fifa.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dwarf Vader, well Salzburg got knocked back 3 times (to Sochi)... so I would go with that!...
snow report
 Fletcher
Fletcher
They should held it in Munich. A really nice beautiful and peaceful city with good weather conditions.

Last edited by Fletcher on Sat 13-08-11 6:39; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fletcher wrote:
A really nice beautiful and peaceful city with good weather conditions.

If we look just from skiing events (which would be held in GAP) point of view then just one question... Did you maybe got chance catch any of 2011 alpine skiing WCH feeds? Good weather conditions? I don't think so Wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
primoz, never before have i seen a course worker with a 75mm fire hose watering the course and chucking salt down between competitors...between runs possibly but live on TV after every 3 or 4racers!!!!

yep stunning idea lets put it there
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well to be honest... it's normally not all that bad. But I felt like it would be fair to mention, things are not all that great either Wink Last winter was really weird, when it comes to this, and it was more or less same all over Europe. Temperatures were crazy and I hope it was just one of unusually hot winters, and we won't see similar ones in near future anymore. So it wasn't just GAP, but quite few other places too, that had problems with too warm weather for that time of year.
But reality is, that GAP is pretty low, and normally they don't get meters of snow, so quite short heat wave can do quite some damage. And in time of alpine skiing WCH, there would be really little of chance to make races in biathlon and xc skiing around there. My hotel was just few 100m from XC/biathlon stadium and for first few days xc skiing conditions were great. On the end of WCH (only 14 days later), there was hardly track going through brown fields, so race conditions would be everything but great and fair... just like it was on alpine ski courses Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hope it would be Munich, it is such a great venue.. Cool
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy