Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ekosports

Poster: A snowHead
Has anybody used this online company recently and if so did your purchase go okay?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Used them once - bought some skis for my son. No problems.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've used them with great success, but not for 18 months.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've used them in the past with no issues.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Used them twice. First time skis got lost in transport. Contacted them, they promptly investigated and sent me another set. Couriers fault.

Second time no problems.

Would recommend.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
All good. Bought a couple of things and no issues
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Snowwitch71, Used a few times, no issues other than an item of clothing that was labelled/packaged incorrectly my manufacture. They replaced and covered return postage.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Used them 3 times last season in France, everything fine with the stuff, unfortunately the French Post Office are not good. I was in when they dropped a letter through the letterbox to say I was out! Now I just wait for the non delivery e mail and they end up at the Post office in Tignes. I will be ordering again in a week or two - hope the early season discounts are still being offered.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Up to 18% off today only , use code EKO18 at checkout Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for all your replies ... looking to buy a pair of women's Head Absolute Joy, feel more reassured that they are reliable as I've read some negative reviews. Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have bought skis from Ekosport, be sure to check that the product you order is not B grade or seconds.
I noticed a fault in the lamination of one of my skis after I had used them a number of times, only to be told by the repairer in the UK that the fault was a manufacturing issue. By that time it was too late and difficult to discuss weather Ekosports advert stated B grade.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That's really helpful, I broke my pelvis in January, lost faith in my decade old K2's, definitely need to feel confident about new skis as I am feeling a little anxious about getting back on the slopes. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Snowwitch71, nevisport have got some at decent price. Noticed them a few weeks ago
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Glisshop and Eko sport both spot on.

Yes I know we are supposed to support the UK, and I do, in fact bought skis recently from Glide and Slide (great prices btw!) And Sports direct (ok so not your local uk shop!) - but if it's cheaper abroad I'll grab it.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Have used, Glisshop, Absolute Snow and Snowleader.co.uk. All good. Snowleader are based in France, despite the .co.uk domain name. Got my skis from Snowleader. Much cheaper than anywhere I could find in the UK. Free delivery to UK.
snow report
@Snowwitch71, Used their outlet store near Albertville last year and saved / spent a fortune. They had a 20% off everything sale on black Friday last year and the 20% discount was available for most of the week in the outlet store.
latest report
Ordered a pair of skis at 60% off, arrived quicker than expected, perfect condition and bindings all set up as requested.

Will use again
ski holidays
Yes have used them a couple of times, only minor problem was a longer wait - couple of days more - only because when I make a ski purchase I am like an impatient kid Happy I would definitely buy from them again.
ski holidays
Bought some new poles from Ekosport at the end of last season. Exemplary product description, price and delivery.
ski holidays
Used them a number of times with no issues whatsoever. I've used Absolute Snow a few times too and they are very good also.
snow conditions
We had an issue with stuff taking a very long time to arrive from Ekosport (about 6 weeks). I think they were selling stuff they didn't actually have in stock as part of a Black Friday sale. It did all arrive eventually though and everything was as expected.
snow report
Just a quick post to mention that the code BLACK20 gets 20% off your basket this week.

It was enough to tempt me into a purchase I'd been dithering on for a month or so.
ski holidays
Thanks for all your replies. Decided to buy the skis from them, but we actually called them by phone and completed the order, got an extra 15% off and voila, my fab new skis arrived 2 days later, well packaged and no signs of damage etc.
One very happy skibum Laughing Blush Little Angel
latest report
@Snowwitch71, what did you buy?
ski holidays
gazzaredcruiser : I bought Head Absolut Joy skis (Women's) complete with bindings, 158cm. £430 in the UK, paid £282 with Ekosport. Happy Days
Laughing
ski holidays
@Snowwitch71, enjoy Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Just got the 20% BLACK20 discount - saved a €100 on a pair of Soul 7 HDs (2017) and Marker Griffon Bindings all in and fitted up for €380. Christmas is coming early (providing we get more snow).
snow report
Ekosport and other similar online stores in Europe offering heavy discounts will be the death of your local ski shop.
They cannot compete.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
willski17 wrote:
Ekosport and other similar online stores in Europe offering heavy discounts will be the death of your local ski shop.
They cannot compete.

fortunately Ekosport is my local ski shop Happy
snow conditions
The problem for many of is that we don't have a local ski shop for the on the spur of the moment of the madness of buying yet another pair of skis. My nearest is Snow and Rock in Bristol which is a 40 minute drive away so I'd never be passing and think why not.....
Just bought a pair of Salomon X Drive 8.8 from Glisshop and really happy with the service again. When they get your order if they is anything that they are unsure about they actually phone you to check before blindly going ahead with the mounting of the bindings, etc.

Have used Ekosport in the past and no problems either.

On the other hand for boots or a helmet I'd make the trip since they have to fit properly and I could not be bothered with the order and hope it fits approach of the online stores.

And for the basics such as thermals, etc you just can't beat Decathlon. I'm generally quite sporty and find it to be an Aladdin's cave of good quality but well priced goodies if like me you are not a brand snob.
latest report
I have used them in the past without problem.
snow conditions
25% off today! code VIP25
latest report
@davidof, I got that too - enough to make a Yorkshireman cry Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

(However reading the small print the discount was applied by them to my account so I suspect it won't work for someone new to the site - happy to be proved wrong though).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy