Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

sun valley ski tools

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
does anyone know a shop in the uk that stocks svst?

i am looking for a world cup sidewall planer and tru bar, and i am trying to avoid having to import them from the us

thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tomow92, welcome to snowheads.

SVST is great kit but it's mega bucks & unless you're tuning skis/boards commercially they're not cost effective. I've got a number of their tools & even at close to 250 pairs of skis a season they're not cost effective compared to others that are available. For example:

The Kunzmann Pro sidewall stripper is a far less expensive tool compared to the SVST WCSP but is, IMO better in performance.

The most cost effective solution for obtaining a decent true bar is the one that comes as part of the Kunzmann Base Planer.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 25-05-11 20:05; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can someone please give me the code for doing the highlighted linky thing Embarassed
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Code:

[url=http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,51/category_id,21/manufacturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,1/]how long has Jon been on here[/url]

then gives:

how long has Jon been on here
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
okay maybe not cost effective, but i have tried the sidewall planer and the feel is amazing, it will also last a lifetime and in my opinion make a tricky job easier and quicker

the only reason i am after that specific tru bar is that it is the only one i can find with a 6cm line marked on it to make base bevel measuring easier (please correct me if i am wrong)

cheers
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tomow92, it will last a lifetime but so will the Kunzmann. I've done hundreds of pairs of skis with mine & it looks brand new & still has the original cutters. And yes, I have used the SVST.

If you're not capable of measuring & marking a line on a bar then should you be working on your own skis?wink Stick a piece of tape on the bar & put the line on that then if you screw it up you can redo it. BTW, it's extremely difficult to see if the bar is sitting flat on the narrow width of the base edge angle so your planned measuring method isn't that accurate in reality. If you plan of doing a lot of base edge angle measuring it's a lot easier to get the low cost Kunzmann 0.5, 0.7 & 1 angle guides & use the marker pen method with a stiff, flat, fine grade diamond file to measure the angle.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 25-05-11 20:08; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski, cracked it Toofy Grin

You gonna shorten your post now NehNeh
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ok, i'll trust the expert, looks like another order will b coming your way soon!
aye think i could manage a wee bit of measuring! yeh, i did think that mysel but saw a diagram showing how to do it, your method is definately better.

cheers
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy