Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Barefoot skis off ebay....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/new-white-skis-still-in-plastic-wrapping-name-barefoot_W0QQitemZ280492972641QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_SportsLeisure_Skiing_Skis_JN?hash=item414eaf1a61#ht_606wt_1084 Anyone purchased a pair? Information seems quite vague. Looking for a pair of cheap twin tips for fooling around on, these seem to do the job!

cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
"the skiis were going to have a special binding fitted so you din't need no ski boots just shoes"

Shocked Shocked

Laughing Laughing

have em, you know it makes sense for 50 odd squids
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Englishpowder, the chap seems to have a fair few pairs of these for sale as they keep surfacing.

One chap on fleabay keeps buying them, fixing rental bindings to them, then punting them on for over £100...

Somebody must be skiing them, as there's multiple bids for them with these rental bindings and often for over £100.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
so dude did u buy em?? Are they any good?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bought em for £29.99, nice light skis, not a patch on my speedwave 11s but then only just over 1/10 the price, look perfect for messing about in the Tamworth fridge or trying to learn a few tricks, I'm not an expert on ski construction but they seem to be some sort of 4 layer laminate, certainly not cap construction.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
davkt, would you say they'll be nice and poppy? wouldn't mind getting myself a pair to wreck this summer.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not got any bindings for the yet but certainly dosn't seem anything wrong with them, fairly soft flex but look well made.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Picked up a set of these this weekend, seem pretty soft but should be ok for arsing about.

Not had a ski this wide before, so a decent experiment for me.

Anybody know what bindings will fit in the predrilled holes? They have about 4 holes in a line down the centre, nothing like the positions you'd need for a standard binding of any sort I've ever seen...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Monium wrote:
Picked up a set of these this weekend, seem pretty soft but should be ok for arsing about.

Anybody know what bindings will fit in the predrilled holes? They have about 4 holes in a line down the centre, nothing like the positions you'd need for a standard binding of any sort I've ever seen...

Yep, soft but good mucking about skis my thoughts. Note managed to come up with anything that will fit the current drilling but plenty of space for redrilling!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Any suggestions on a decent cheap binding to chuck on these things then? Anyone got a cheap binding they want rid of for not much that functions so I can go play in the dome on Sunday?

I've also got a bit of an idea on styling them, with my own special topsheets Smile I am going to be the coolest kid on the slopes Smile I love buying £30 skis, because you can trash them and not worry about it!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
One thought on the holes for bindings - they look like they might fit with some of the snowboard bindings, but I can't say I've spent enough time around boards without bindings to know. Any thoughts on whether that is a possible? This could be an interesting project...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Monium, check this video:
http://youtube.com/v/1HNELWAaB0s
some sort of failed project i assume, theres other bits of information scattered around on google but not much.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Monium, I have a set of Salomon 850 spherics which I'll let go cheap.

They're used of course, but the spring and clamps are still solid. I'm pretty sure I have a set of new brakes for them too.

The holes were allegedly for some 'new idea'.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just a heads up, I've listed a virtually new pair of these in classifieds, they've been mounted with Salomon bindings, skied for two days.

Decided to stick to a single ski quiver for a while, so going for something a bit more 50/50 than these, which are probably 30/70 IMO.

Open to offers, but would like £100 for them because they've hardly been used and owe me more than that.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Monium wrote:
Picked up a set of these this weekend.....I love buying £30 skis....

Quote:
I've listed a virtually new pair of these in classifieds, Open to offers, but would like £100 for them....

Orly? Give them away free to a good home, you cheapskate
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy