Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booking next years flights

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to get next year booked, hope to go to saalbach. Would prefer to travel to salzburg than munich for an easier transfer but looking on jet2 flights from leeds seem very expensive. about £250 per person. Does anyone know if the price is likely to come down or if the prices will only go up as the planes fill up? also if there are any other ideas Manchester would bo ok and we looked at easyjet from liverpool but it is a bit of a trek to get there and back. We would consider munich as have flown lufthansa fro man before but its the transfer costs that are putting us off.
Thanks Matt
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try Lufthansa to Salzburg - you may have to change in Frankfurt but its a short wait - you can book your bags straight through and cabin baggage,20kg hold bag and a ski bag is included in the price.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cheers, i am hoping that prices come down a little, just wanted to be organised and get sorted but seems expensive before it gets cheaper, hopefully
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jet2 prices fluctuate a lot in my experience. Check the website regularly, and when it gets to a price you like, book it that day.

The price may well go right up as you get up to the date, maybe less than 6 weeks to go, so don't leave it too long, but up to then, there's plenty of time for variation.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just an aside from the op question, does anyone know of problems changing planes in Frankfurt ,( flight is Dublin/Frankfurt/Innsbruck) and return. I have just read about the Shengen rules and am a bit confused, does it lead to major delays when changing planes for "non shengen" countries ie. Ireland and GBR.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mattiwilkin, Sadly IME the Jet2 prices to Salzburg are a major put-off and they are very expensive, dont know why - the service aint that great, very few flights, poor times, and a bun fight usually, much prefer EJ via Liverpool. I fly Lufthansa MAN-MUC 2-3 times annually and thats a brilliant service and if you book early its far cheaper than Jet2, a much comfier experience and FOC ski carriage.

I live only 20 mins from LBA and havent used them for skiing trips for 4-5 years now, even GVA prices are mega expensive, Turpin-air (alias Jet2) are more of a package summer airline IMO despite the early optimism when they first came to LBA the cheap flights appear to be no more.........they've priced themselves out of the market IMO.

briand6868, It can be a PITA, only happened to me 2x ever but 2 hour change over is not uncommon, and you only get notification a week prior.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
so bloody annoying, just had another look on jet2 website. gone up. I also looked at some tenerife flights for a stag do next march, 3 times dearer than going in june, Why are they punishing those that like to get things booked and sorted early. surely so many seats at a certain price, and increase the price as it gets full. if a lot of tickets left then sell them off in the last couple weeks, rather than a random price over 9 months
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
briand6868, bags etc. go straight thru afaik?, no schengen issues, but allow time to go thru passport control / immigration between flights. There will be a 2nd security check at Frankfurt on UK bound flights (Not a Schengen thing but a UK/US/etc. bonus anti terrorist thing). It's a full pat down, shoes thru the scanner iirc. (unless it changed since I last flew that way).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andy, Yes bags straight through, but long wait not great after a full days skiing and 9pm Sunday night stuck at Frankfurt when you should be at home!

All travel is a PITA, but well worth it for a great ski trip IMO - thats life, you just get on with it eh?! Airlines appear to do as they please, its the 0845 world we live in, "you pays your money and takes your chance" etc
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
andy wrote:
There will be a 2nd security check at Frankfurt on UK bound flights (Not a Schengen thing but a UK/US/etc. bonus anti terrorist thing). It's a full pat down, shoes thru the scanner iirc. (unless it changed since I last flew that way).

Last time couples of times I've flown back to the UK (INN->FRA->BHX) the second security screening at Frankfurt had disappeared. Made the journey much more pleasant!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy