Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sauze D'oulx: Accommodation & reccomendations for bars and food....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, all

I'm off to Sauze with some friends in January - wondered if anyone had any reccomendations for where to stay.

We're not going on a 'package, and so far we've just got the flights. We're going from Wednesday-monday, so need somewhere that'll do those odd days.

It's a boy's trip, so we don't need a lovely 'spa' and fluffy towels, just somewhere warm and central, preferably with a good breakfast...

Any suggestions? Oh, and any bar/restaurant suggestions gratefully received, too!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sharpster, I have been a couple of times to sauze stayed in the Derby hotel which has good bar bellow the hotel called Derby Bar! and 2nd time stayed at the Gran trun which again has a nice bar which did cracking food, but it was about 5/6 years ago so things might have changed, just keep your fingers crossed for snow as the 1st time we had non so 3/4 days we went to val thorens! 2nd time loads of the white stuff!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
although 25 years ago my one trip to Sauze was in early January and we had no skiing at resort level due to the lack of snow Puzzled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I stayed at the Hotel Stella Alpina when I went to Sauze. Very convenient for lifts - across the road from Clotes and just a short walk or one or two stops on the bus to the main chair. Very nice to ski back to at the end of the day too - literally across the road to the boot room from the end of the slopes. The rooms are basic but clean, the bar good and the staff friendly. Food was OK although they are a hotel so don't do 'chalet board' with wine included. Would definitely recommend it. I think they are back in the Neilson book this year but have been doing independent travel too over the last few years.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks, all, very useful. Will certainly have a look at Derby, Gran Trun and Stella alpina.

A bit worrying about the potential lack of snow, though!!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You should be fine, I've been there a couple of times and had great snow conditions in January Little Angel
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Cotton club bar in the square is a good lively pub!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi, went to Sauze last year in January. Lots of snow. Stayed at the Gran Baita - rubbish food, rock hard beds (Crystal - what was I thinking?!). Ate a very good lunch at the Del Falco and in Sestriere at a local-run place in the precinct. I advise any equipment hire is done at the bottom of an appropriate lift unless you are very close and like walking uphill with skis.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you havenot sorted all out try contacting www.skiinitaly.com its agreat web site to sort everything out that you need from 1 web site and Christine lives here and also work in the ski hire she promote's so you cannot go wrong. My friends saved loads of money booking everything through her
We are at the gran baita at the moment very happy with the hotel but its a good 3 star lots of smaller 2 stars around
Enjoy John
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
In the end have got some cheap and cheerful self-catering flats, allegedly in a very central location - works out about £25 each a night, (just accommodation) so we'll see what it's like - will check out the Del Falco and the Cotton Club - thanks for all the replies and advice!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sharpster, how were the apartments and, if they were any good, where did you book them?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Another recco for Vince Hawkin's Del Falco restaurant.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy