Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Zealand's new skis feature vertically-laminated bamboo cores

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
New Zealand has a new ski manufacturer - Kingswood. Their skis feature a quite novel core - vertically-laminated bamboo, which is claimed to be 20% stronger than maple.

The construction also features traditional sidewalls, rather than capped top and side surfaces.

Here's a news report, and a link to the maker's website, from snow.co.nz

Test reports welcome!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I like that plain black paint job. There's obviously plenty of powder in NZ as their 'Skinny' model is 120/86/110!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon, me too. I used to have Kastle skis which were back on top. Warms up quick in the sun and melts off snow and ice. But does show scratches if the Germans ski over yours in the queue. wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nearly peed myself laughing, reading this! A nice tongue-in-cheek allusion to the hard-wearing longevity of the Kingswood's motoring namesake.
Holden Kingswood's oil-guzzing benchseaters from the 60's & 70s are piece of genuine Kiwiana - Holden HQ is Oz-based but had a manufacturing plant in NZ so by the 1970s KWs were rampant amongst the middle class family sect. Kingswoods are so hardwearing and iconic (and cheap!) that by the 1990s they were cooler than the coolest thing and every self-respecting student/surfie had one. Indeed better than the original VW, cause the engine didn't blow up on long journeys back from the beach and you can get 4 friends AND all their surfing gear in a Kinger.
I particularly recall that the KW's bench seats were particularly good for....er hem..... unsupervised student/surfie activities Toofy Grin

I don't buy this "made from bamboo" bollox. Kingswood skis look like they're manufactured from recycled Kingswood cars!!!! Shocked
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30880&highlight=kingswood

i echo the amazement that something 104mm underfoot is now "mid-fat"

edit: you need to scroll down a bit for a write up. i like the "gnar kill" graphics on the prototypes Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Did the future King ski on Kingswood when he was at Mt Hutt recently? (Feel free to make up your own smutty jokes...)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy