Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis suitable for BASI L1 in a fridge and maybe L2 on a mountain....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Wondering wether to try and find a decent pair in the summer sales that would work well for me inside a fridge doing L1 and teaching inside a fridge, but also would allow me to do L2 in the mountains and ski with the kids on piste with the occasional foray off?

I already have a pair of 98mm 'all mountain' skis and a 112mm fat pair....so wondering about maybe getting a slalomish 165cm ski?

Or do I do the L1 on hire skis and L2 on my 98mm ones??

What do folk reckon and anyone seen any great deals in the summer sales?

Cheers,

Greg
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski, I did my Level 1 on Head Supershape Magnums 170's (Hemel) and my Level 2 on Atomic D2 Race SL 165's (Courchevel) I am 6 foot and 78kg

I would use the Atomics for both of the above courses if I did it all over again.

No idea on any good deals out there though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, I got some Storm Inferno's of eBay for £100.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STORM-INFERNO-Skis-165cm-Black-Fire-NEW-/150609795172?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Skiing_Skis_JN&hash=item23110b1864
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
o11y, cheers, that's a stonking price.....don't suppose you found any cheap bindings did you.............
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski, i got Quiver Killers put on mine by SpyderJon so that i could use my existing VIST's. I am sure you could get some cheap demo bindings somewhere.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I would use the Atomics for both of the above courses if I did it all over again.

another vote for 165 SL skis. In my case i got some Salomon 3Vs at a decent price and they are great for the L1/L2s. I think most of the entry level (aka cheater) SL models will work well on these courses and will outperfom all mountain skis for the things BASI really want to see in these courses (tidy short radius turns and ability to carve clean arcs on easy terrain).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski, Greg, which one you booked on. I was thinking of this too.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mosha Marc, none yet Marc....wondering about doing the inside/out day first http://www.insideoutskiing.com/instructor.html (hopefully in September), then booking after that....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
o11y, cheers, I have quiver killers on my other skis but was hoping to not use touring bindings on a slalom ski, you've now made me press the buy button though, so thanks for that link Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy