Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

27th Mar Tignes Late deal

Poster: A snowHead
To register interest in coming to Tignes on the cheap Click this:

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 4-03-11 5:57; edited 3 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been offered, short notice, a really good deal in Tignes from Sun 27th Mar to Sun 3rd Apr.

It's a hotel, right on the snow front in Val Claret so no walking in ski boots or cramming into ski buses required.

The deal is for a fully catered week from Sun-Sun and as it's a hotel, that's 7 days' food rather than the 6 you'd get in a chalet.
The price is for 2 sharing a room (all en-suite) but don't worry about single supplements as we'll work out room-shares that seem appropriate (or amusing).

The price is £245 per person.
Ski hire is available in-house for £50 for the week.

Skyscanner is showing flights to Grenoble from all over the place for around £50. (although once you've added BBB* charges it'll probably be £70 or so)

Every one should aim to get into Grenoble early on Sunday ie. before 11:00 as we've a bus at our disposal to get to Tignes. The cost of the transfer will be at most £42 rtn but should get cheaper as our numbers grow. (hopefully to about £30-35 Wink)
The return transfer is scheduled to get into Grenoble at about 10AM.

Once you have your travel details organised, please enter them on this list Travel Details List to make it easier for everyone to hook up along the way.

Tignes, as if you don't know, is one of the highest resorts in the Alps so good for late (and early) season skiing. It's highest lift (The Grand Motte) takes you to 3456m
The Tignes area includes a number of villages, from Les Brevieres, way down at 1550m up through Les Boisses at 1850, Tignes-Le-Lac and Le Lavachet up to Val Claret, the highest village at 2100m which sits right at the base of the funiculaire up the Grand Motte.
Tignes Piste Map

*Baggage, Boarding and Breathing
How up for this are you?
Confirmed!!
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

Fairly Sure. I'll let you know ASAP
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

Not at all - I just press buttons, see?
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

Sole Occu-pants see?
I vant to be a lawn
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

No ta, I share nicely.
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

Do you want the in-house ski-hire?
Yes please!
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

I'd like a Snowboard please
A snowHead

No Ta!
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

Do you want to order your lift pass in advance?
All areas please!
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

I'll get me own, ta!
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 7-03-11 20:08; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ok you have my (and possibly some others interested/attention Shocked Laughing )
So me being an miserable old fart/pixie who has to go to bed at 2130hrs rolling eyes would like to know what would be the single supplement?
Any hints as to who this is with/what chalet?
Approx what time is the transfer back?
Lift pass available?
If this info is classified under the official secrets act can I get the info as a PM Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Linds wrote:

Any hints as to who this is with/what chalet?

If this info is classified under the official secrets act can I get the info as a PM Laughing

Trying to think which operators do Sundays, Val Claret, 7 days food, ski in/out Puzzled

Mark Warner - No
Ski Olympic -No
Neilson -No
Ski Total -No
Ski World ?

Club Med - Yes Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Does that include lift pass?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Basil Short_trousers, Laughing Laughing not unless they are giving away the accommodation for free.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can I have some further info and contact details asap - sounds fab. Hope I can join you Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Any deal on ski pass to go with this
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
glenkama, Welcome to Snowheads. Click the button at the the top of the page "Can I come to the sneaky cheap week in Tignes". That will register your interest. More details will follow as admin gets an idea of numbers. It will be fab; gutted I can't go.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sounds very very interesting. Have to think hard over the weekend wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
grrr I should not have clicked on this
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Curse you, Admin. Skullie The following week I'd have taken four places, it's exactly what we're looking for BUT a week too early (PM me if you can help!).
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We're interested, need to work out costs as this is the week we have booked off. If it is Club Med, this might sway the old man!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm in... I'm in.... I'm in.....

.... did I mention I'm in? Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
tiffin, Yes you should..... now push some buttons.. you know you want to.. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Schuss in Boots, just because you've got all the time in the world Twisted Evil wink
I'm only jealous and I really feel that I'm becoming Boredsurfing... but I just can't stop myself reading these threads...
ski holidays
Michelle, Laughing Laughing If it's any consolation, I was in that position last year - you have my sympathies. Sad I'm just making up for lost time here. wink

Oh.... and you only need to start worrying if you start to look like Boredsurfing... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Schuss in Boots, phew Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
I cant find a flight from Scotland that will get me in before 11. In fact I cant find a direct flight to Grenoble from Scotland at all. Sad
ski holidays
If this clubmed, isn't beer free?

If so, count me in!
ski holidays
dave_m wrote:
If this clubmed, isn't beer free?

If so, count me in!
No it's not Club Med (close but no cigar Stewart Woodward) but I was made a similar offer in Jan by the same company and as they know (and love?) snowHeads they halved most of the bar prices effectively making it a week-long happy hour Shocked
snow conditions
blert596, you don't have to come in at Grenoble. It's just that this is where we have a transfer available to us.
If you can get into Chambery, the train to Bourg Saint Maurice isn't expensive and there's a local bus service up to Tignes from there.

Alternatively, are there flights in Geneva? If there are others who want/need/can fly into there, you could possible car share?
snow report
admin, can I bring mates along, there maybe another 2 or 3?
ski holidays
Gainz, not a problem.
latest report
Can we have a 'Can't make it, permission to cry Crying or Very sad ' button please? Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
Funny, I booked this week off work ages ago. It's almost like I knew that admin was going to get offered this.......
latest report
admin, Travelling with Easyjet out of Liverpool, arrives Grenoble 10.50 AM. Return flight leaves Grenoble at 11.30 AM.
Just wondering what time does the return transfer bus get to Grenoble on Sunday.
snow report
harrisonthecrystalball, Funny that wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
is there a button " I am an ass and I am gutted " Puzzled
ski holidays
I understand why you might be gutted Confused but why are you and ass Snowdrop?
latest report
Is it as luxurious as the ClubMed? Some idea of the accommodation would be appreciated as we are genuinely interested in coming. And an idea of the transfer time back as robul says would be good too. Thanks x
snow report
admin, I am an ass 'cos I should have gone with you in January,
now I am gutted because both kids have sats in May, also, their school received very good Ofsted report but a big frown on attendance, so we are grounded,
snow report
Clare_M, I have no idea what Club Med is like, but if it's luxury you want - wouldn't you end up paying more? This is a slope side, catered hotel for essentially peanuts and you're going skiing in fab company (well, and admin of course)..... what more could a person want? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Schuss in Boots, yes, well, erm.... I'm trying to persuade the old man as I would really like to go to Tignes. I think if I was to ask for more it would be flights and transfers all sorted for me as a package, but I know you can't have everything! wink Smile
ski holidays
P.s. we usually go with Rocketski, so that's our idea of luxury usually Laughing
ski holidays
Clare_M, In which case, you could sell it to the old man on the basis that treating you to your dream of going to Tignes will save him loads on the gifts it'll cost him if he doesn't..... not to mention the brownie points earned.... simples. Cool wink

All joking aside, it'd be great if you could make it. Very Happy
latest report
You are all rotten selfish people going on holiday when I have finished my skiing for the season... Evil or Very Mad

Just felt I had to say that really... It's hard work on Boredsurfin being the bash grouch by himself. wink
latest report
+1 on asking for a return transfer time.
Easyjet from Gatwick is showing an arrival on the 27th at 09:40, and departures on the 3rd at 14:55 and 16:50.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 4-03-11 18:10; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
stoatsbrother, Aww poor grumpy old git. NehNeh Anyone would think that you bought some scaffold planks that never saw powder, the way you keep whinging... Twisted Evil But don't worry, I understand it's good form to text you regularly if the powder's good, yes? Little Angel
snow report
Duke, Welcome to snowHeads. I think admin is working on a return time for us. We should have it shortly. Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy