Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier 2010/2011

Poster: A snowHead
I know it's early, and yes, someone will be along to rain on my parade, but hey, I checked the webcams and saw snow.

http://www.serre-chevalier.com/Webcam-Serre-Ratier-en

I AM OFFICIALLY EXCITED snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
+1 snowHead snowHead snowHead

Got the apt, flights etc etc all booked. Didn't get the Chamoissiere one Crying or Very sad but have got one over near Lolos [?] pizza place, so will be very handy for an evening of 'Hey Papa' or whatever it was he says [and he did say it when were there in the summer Laughing ].

Looking forward to a nice quiet week too.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MarjMJ, definitely time to start watching those webcams http://www.serre-chevalier.com/Webcam-Monetier-le-Bachas-en . Shame about the apartment, we just had a cancellation yesterday for 2nd-9th January.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bummer... Am sure you will let it tho! I was looking forward to using the pool and sauna at your place. Will just have to go and try out the baths instead. Still have not been since it has been done up.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
we've just been emailing round discussing this seasons trip today.. is the new lift going to be open this season? can't see anything on the psite map or the news section of the website
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
papasmurf, yes, the new lift is well on the way to completion. Some pics on Serre Chevalier's Facebook page, and on this forum. http://forums.serreche-ski.net/index.php?showtopic=708&pid=10753&st=300&#entry10753 (you may have to register to see some of the pics.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hopefully will be off to Serre Chevalier in the second week of March. Here's to a cracking season!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There is snow! snowHead

ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That is a sight for sore eyes at this time on a Monday morning. snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
+1 for a Tuesday lunchtime too Hells Bells,
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hells Bells, that new chair is a great investment & can't wait to use it. Frejus is a weird junction with a pleasant little old wooden cabin restaurant by a few trees IIRC giving a choice of long slowish button or 2 man chair neither of which take you high enough without another ride to get to the other mountains. It'll bypass the narrow laned traverse in the clouds with the 40 degree drop off to the left between Tete de la Balme and Cucumelle that I thought looked like an accident waiting to happen for the less confident and the over-confident dodging through them. All that's needed now is a different arrangement other than the down-up-down madness behind Cucumelle and then getting to Monetier will become a breeze.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
moffatross, there will be no need to use the Cucumelle lift on the return to Monetier.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hells Bells, I can see it now. I couldn't get my head around the route towards Monetier wending across the front of Cucumelle from the middle of the col. For some reason I'd thought of it starting from near its summit.

That photo says it all ... http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=455452995744&set=o.483692148553
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm sitting in our Monetier lounge (while hubby is painting the bathroom), looking at cloud covered mountains, and snow down to around 1550m. Webcams look like there's been quite a dump high up. We were going to Deux-Alpes this morning, but it looks like it is very windy over there, and there was a Foehn blowing in the valley at that side of the Col last night. It's much colder over here. When we stopped in Vizille last night for shopping, it was 19C and very windy. By the time we passed La Grave, and climbed up the Lauteret is was 0C and snowing hard. Pics later when the clouds clear a little.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
What is it like doing a season in Serre Chevalier?

Does anyone know of an season lets for rooms / sharing?
snow report
Hells Bells, I trust you will be hiking for some turns?????
ski holidays
Hey y'all,
Any fresh snow reports? Or better still, reports of fresh snow?
snow conditions
Kevin Byrne, Kevin Byrne, it was warm and sunny Wed-Friday, but had become much coldr when we left on Saturday am. There was some snow forecast, and indeed the webcams seem to back that up. http://trinum.com/ibox/serrechevalier/Images/serre_chevalier_b5.jpg
ski holidays
Christopher wrote:
There is snow! snowHead

And now there is more.

Very Happy
snow report
hello strangers! just popped in to let you know that there has been a considerable amount of snow above 1700m however down here at 1400m we absolutely NOTHING!
it rained today,then it snowed and now it is just miserable! More snow forecast today and lots more on sat, while i hope it comes i wont complain if its still only up there as my chalet is in full renovation mode and we have yet to finish the insulation, walls and have the new woodburner fitted for working.

have totally changed our view by cutting down quite a lot of trees so this year you should get some nice new views from my chalet!

hope your all well
kim
ski holidays
MarjMJ, its Lulu, and the term is "yes Papa" its a serre chevalier thing!
latest report
markrichards9,
depends what you want out of your season. If you want a fabulous mountain to ride, with awesome off piste then there is no better. However if you want a resort where you can do lots of partying do not come here. We have one night club in chantermele (which is so crap its embarrasing) and that is it! lots of lively bars but really its not a resort for partying (saying that we dont ever do too badly!)
I have a seasonairs app which is currently available but is full of my stuff for the house that is in full renovation, we intend to rent it out but i cant yet as its full!
call the maison de seasonairs on 0033492247080 they may be able to help, not sure how good the english is there now.

Good luck
snow conditions
for some reason, i always follow the serre chevalier thread.... somewhere to go once the wee one gets a bit older perhaps Smile

snowangel., your links in your sig don't work.
snow conditions
shoogly, i know i should remove them! The highrock chalet is now just my home! And it is very nice thank you! however i do have the little seasonairs app which i rent out the beaniez, i still make but cant be bothered to sell them. Now i'm so settled with both summer and winter jobs i dont need to put myself through the hassle of dealing with holidaymakers in my home (at work is enough!)

now i should go and try to remove them!
latest report
eh voila i've removed the ones that dont work and added our little project instead!
latest report
snowangel.,
Quote:

MarjMJ, its Lulu, and the term is "yes Papa" its a serre chevalier thing!

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin We did laugh heartily...and the food was good. Cool

Nice to hear from you again - was wondering when you would surface snowangel., . We're out for New Year and 1 st week in Jan. Have got our penguin 'snow god' installed in the livingroom who sings 'let it snow, let it snow' so we are squeezing his little flippery wing... snowHead
latest report
snowangel., Thanks Snowangel. I have sent you a message.
latest report
Just in from my mate in La Grave...

35 cm off fresh this morning! now warm and sunny, melting in low altitude, but very nice up high!
Per
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hey do any of you guys know of any cheap acommodation in Serre Chevalier or Les2Alps? Hostel, B&B even a hotel. The catch is that I will be arriving on the 17th and leaving on the 24th December. I will also be on my own. This unfortunately does not fit in with many accomodations christmas plans.
Any ideas would be welcome.
Cheers
snow report
Downhill Sailor, PM on the way
snow report
Weathercam, Yes there was lots of snow that side of the lauteret yesterday, but absolutely zilch past 2000m this side, i was most disappointed having left it all nice and white on tues evening.

however it is snowing very nicely here now and has been all morning, only trouble is its not really settling, will see how it pans out at the end of the day.

Downhill Sailor, Try my friend Carol, say Kim sent you, i've not got her booking sheet yet (i hold the keys) but this studio would be perfect for you if she doesn't have a booking already! Good luck http://www.skistudioalps.com/
snow conditions
snowing this morning since about 8am, very light small flakes which so far have more than the whole day thursday! could this be a real dump?
ski holidays
snowangel., snowHead snowHead
snow report
Downhill Sailor, hi if your still searching an app and tried with no respons from carol, she went into labour this morning, so contact me instead!
latest report
nice covering of snow down here this morning about 5-10cm in places! however the sunny side is pretty much all green again now,(thankfully as i lost half my life in a fall in the snow last night and found them all minus phone this morning as the snow had melted!)
Looking very nice up the top.
snow report
I'm looking at booking a trip to Serre Chevalier over Xmas, but I'm worried about the snow. How is the snow looking so far compared to other years? Would you consider that there'll be enough runs open come xmas to keep two intermediates happy for a week?

I appreciate that nobody can control the weather, but does anyone have any advice about what is normal for Serre Chevalier at xmas, and what this season is shaping up like so far?
snow report
milzibkit, Christmas is a whole month away, which is a very long time away a lot can occur to the snow in that time. I would normally consider christmas at Serre Chevalier to be a safe bet for snow. It appears that from the local forum above 2000m in specific areas there is already around 70cm of snows. http://forums.serreche-ski.net/index.php?showtopic=872&pid=10984&st=120&#entry10984

So thats a good base, but a lot could change with the next months weather. I have been skiing once at christmas in Serre Che and twice in a resort next door and everytime I have good conditions. Even if it is a bad christmas and snow cover down to the villages are patchy there will be enough to keep intermediates happy above all the mid stations for a week.

I'm sure people with far more experience and knowledge of the area will post their opinions in due course.

For a year when the snow was very good at christmas time: http://www.zapiks.fr/ouverture-de-serre-chevalier.html
snow report
I've been keeping an eye on L2A weather, and if it's a cold at Serre Che as it's going to be at L2A this week then surely there'll be snow making right down to the villages?
latest report
Christopher wrote:
milzibkit, Christmas is a whole month away, which is a very long time away a lot can occur to the snow in that time. I would normally consider christmas at Serre Chevalier to be a safe bet for snow. It appears that from the local forum above 2000m in specific areas there is already around 70cm of snows. http://forums.serreche-ski.net/index.php?showtopic=872&pid=10984&st=120&#entry10984

So thats a good base, but a lot could change with the next months weather. I have been skiing once at christmas in Serre Che and twice in a resort next door and everytime I have good conditions. Even if it is a bad christmas and snow cover down to the villages are patchy there will be enough to keep intermediates happy above all the mid stations for a week.

I'm sure people with far more experience and knowledge of the area will post their opinions in due course.

For a year when the snow was very good at christmas time: http://www.zapiks.fr/ouverture-de-serre-chevalier.html

Very promising info, thanks for the reply Smile
ski holidays
milzibkit, I've skied in Serre Chevalier at Christmas and New Year for the past 5 years. On all occasions the runs to the bottom of Monetier (1500m) were open. Even in 2006/2007, which was a poor year all over the Alps, it was doing rather better for snow than most. More snow is forecast for later in the week.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy