Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Replacement toe pieces for old (circa 2001) rossignol ski boots

Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I've just spent the day in rental boots Sad thanks to discovering that my ancient Rossignol Saphir ski boots need new toe pieces this morning.

Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase replacement toe pieces for the boots? I've tried google without much luck. The boots are a size 24.5 Rossignol Saphir bought in 2001 thus I've had them a wee while. The existing toe/heel pieces were replaced in Verbier a few years back and it seems that the replacements were pretty poor quality as they have fallen to bits after 3 weeks max of skiing Sad(

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Cheers,

Fiona
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
if you can post a picture i may be able to help, some of th lange spares fit some of the rossignol boots....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
2001..!!! Get yourself down to CEM and get some new boots fitted - your skiing will be transformed.. wink

(long trek into deepest England though!)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
CEM, I know I read somewhere (probably here) that once boots get past a certain age, the plastic hardens and some people have actually had their boot 'shatter' whilst just skiing - is this true or is it just urban myth?

(sorry to hijack your thread Fiona,but it's possibly relevant!)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
it can happen, depends on the boot, the palstic and the age
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CEM wrote:
if you can post a picture i may be able to help, some of th lange spares fit some of the rossignol boots....

Hi CEM,

Just back from Galtur/Iscghl, was awfully warm there this morning.

Some pictures can be found at:

Heel/toe pieces with intact toe piece for comparison: http://www.prog99.com/Stuff/boot/IMG_2700.jpg
Bottom of boot showing position of screw holes etc: http://www.prog99.com/Stuff/boot/IMG_2702.jpg
Side on shot of knackered toe piece, basically the rubber bit has come off to reveal the underlying plastic: http://www.prog99.com/Stuff/boot/IMG_2706.jpg
Broken toe piece on boot: http://www.prog99.com/Stuff/boot/IMG_2708.jpg

Approx dimensions if they help at all:

toe piece: length of piece 9.8cm, width 6.8cm, screw holes are 6.5cm apart length ways and 3.5cm width ways
heel piece: length of piece 12.1cm, width 6.7/6.8cm with screw holes 5.5cm apart length ways, 3.5cm width ways.

Cheers,

Fiona
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tatty wrote:
2001..!!! Get yourself down to CEM and get some new boots fitted - your skiing will be transformed.. wink

Ha ha, funnily enough that's what I was being told yesterday in the resort. I was also being promised the ski shop could do me a perfect fit first time but didn't really fancy parting with 300 Euros on the last day of my holiday when I'd have no ability to get any problems sorted out thus opted to hire a pair. The hire pair were okay but I couldn't tighten them without making my feet go numb thus spent the day skiing with rather loose boots, that said, I still burnt off the husband on his board!

Tatty wrote:
(long trek into deepest England though!)

Wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fiona, do those heel; pieces fit accurately onto the boot (ie not got gaps in the shape of them) and if you measure the thickness of the boots (with grip plates on them) from the ground to the top of the toe and heel lugs what are the measurements

reason i ask is the ones you have are vibram rubber ones from a lange boot which would explain why they wore out fairly quickly, they will have had good grip on the roads though...... my worry is that they are too thick compared to waht should be on that boot, but i could be wrong

if all the measurements stack up then we have plenty of them
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wise decision. Perfect fit first time when you are leaving the next day? Too chancy in my view. I was back to Blues (Edinburgh) twice for adjustments to my new carefully fitted and customised boots two seasons ago. Minor tweaks, like a wee stretch of the right boot for my big toe, but essential.

And I have just finished two weeks skiing with very comfortable feet! Which compares with the one time I bought boots in a resort which turned out to be far too big and gave me great problems with my skiing.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
CEM wrote:
Fiona, do those heel; pieces fit accurately onto the boot (ie not got gaps in the shape of them) and if you measure the thickness of the boots (with grip plates on them) from the ground to the top of the toe and heel lugs what are the measurements

Toe piece: 1.5cm in height, heel piece 2.4cm at the very rear, rising to about 2.8cm at the thickest parts towards the ankles. There's no gaps in the shape of them either on the sole side or the edges thus I think they fit pretty much as the original soles did.

CEM wrote:
reason i ask is the ones you have are vibram rubber ones from a lange boot which would explain why they wore out fairly quickly, they will have had good grip on the roads though...... my worry is that they are too thick compared to waht should be on that boot, but i could be wrong

Yes, they do indeed have very good grip on roads Smile if it helps any my bindings still seem to release fine if I crash badly, although having said that I try not to crash too often these days!

CEM wrote:
if all the measurements stack up then we have plenty of them

Excellent, if the measurements above sound okay just let me know how to sort out payment etc.

Fiona
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CEM: I've just read your PM and will order up the bits shortly, many thanks for your help.

Fiona
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CEM: Just to say the replacement soles arrived today and are a perfect fit so I can eek a bit more time out of my trusty comfy boots.

Thanks again for your help.

Fiona
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No problems
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hello, i appear to have the same heel and toe pattern with a different rossi boot. can you help me with where you got the replacements?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I could use the same replacement heel and toe pads. Any location on where I could get these? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
snow conditions
Tatty wrote:
CEM, I know I read somewhere (probably here) that once boots get past a certain age, the plastic hardens and some people have actually had their boot 'shatter' whilst just skiing - is this true or is it just urban myth?

Happened to my little brother recently. He shattered one of an old pair of Rossi Race 2s half way down a big vert.
snow report
CEM is obviously THE MAN, talk to him first, but ....
Did manage to get some new bits for some very old Rossi Race 1's by writing a begging letter (with pics) direct to Rossi
(Oops not PC, aplogies if CEM is a lady !! but THE WOMAN doesn't work as an expression !)
latest report
Quote:
aplogies if CEM is a lady

PMSL at the very idea Wink
snow conditions
ryanvdonk wrote:
hello, i appear to have the same heel and toe pattern with a different rossi boot. can you help me with where you got the replacements?

I got the replacement bits via CEM from "Solutions 4 Feet" and they fitted just perfectly. Do a google for the shop name and you should get the contact details etc (I wasn't sure whether to post a link in case it's considered advertising etc).

I now have happy boots for a good few years yet Smile
ski holidays
Fiona, Post away Smile good service always deserves recognition.

Colin at http://www.solutions4feet.co.uk/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy