Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

San vigilio de Marrebbe report

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
short report as I already lost my full report from my phone.
29th-5th Feb 4 adults 3 kids 6,7 and 9. flew Ryanair Dublin Verona all good but flying from Dub is a real pain for us as 3hrs 45min from home.
van hire Verona Sixt very cheap 350ur for 9 seater. no idea why. no problems when we dropped back either. 2.45hrs to our accom in San Vigilio called Villa Linde. really nice 2 bed apartment's x 2 ours was only 500eu for 6 nights. 500m walk to ski hire and then another 200m after that to nearest slope. kids took ski lessons with private instructor, very reasonable at 47eu per hr. best beginners slope I have ever seen called Miara where complete beginners go gondola all the way up and work their way all the way down . no stepping back up slope or carpet lift so the 6 and 7 yr old really progressed. the 9 yr old has autism so went to a different area with a carpet lift where he made a little bit of progress.
6 and 7yr old were free on adult pas but the price for the autistic boy was 220eu which we thought was scandalous as he only made it up and down a few times. a pay per ride system was also available but added with the parents per ride price this really added up. no help at the ticket office either and also not possible was a parents share pass as 1 parent had to be with the child at all times. left a bit of a sour taste. the adults passes were 315eu
got a good days skiing first day in our own area and on Kronplatz. really impressive infrastructure with just a few chair lifts and mostly Gondola top to bottom with not a t bar/ button Lift in sight so super for beginners to progress. slopes were in great condition despite the month without snow. was with the kids for rest of week so didn't get much more km in.
overall found the place rather expensive for food especially. eg bowl of Goulash soup 10 -15eu. beer also 5- 6eu. probably spoilt from Austria where we go for the smaller resorts with Goulash from 5eu and beer half the price. we rally loved our apartment and it was great value for the money and Remy the owner was more than helpful.
some of the clientele were not the friendliest and very much so the people who are currently massing on the Ukraine border. gave the place an overall cold feeling.
just the 1 normal bar "the bus stop" which is very comfy but again very expensive and the food was poor. other bars in town of the café type place which is not our thing. beast by far was the bikers bar which was cleanest and cheapest. we didint eat out much but 1 night we went the the Rustic restaurant which was exellent. price wise middle of the road but still 200eu for just 4 mains + 3x kids pasta and 2 drinks pp. that made us shy of eating out again.
we went to Verona on the Friday as early flight Sat morn. glad we did as the airport was stressful with 3 kids. departures was rammed wait Q,s for everything. looks like they are in the middle of building a new departures terminal so may be temporary . Will we go back?? no as its out of our league
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@garc, Just back from Austria and found the food and drink have definitely gone up at least 30 %. Pints in Zell were 6Euros + in most places and and the goulash around 10 Euro on mountain.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's a shame your trip did not go as well as hoped

garc wrote:
the price for the autistic boy was 220eu which we thought was scandalous as he only made it up and down a few times. a pay per ride system was also available but added with the parents per ride price this really added up. no help at the ticket office either and also not possible was a parents share pass as 1 parent had to be with the child at all times. left a bit of a sour taste. the adults passes were 315eu

Was there no opportunity to get your boy just a pay per ride ticket if he wasnt doing too many runs, with normal day passes for the rest of you?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@garc, Many thanks for the report which is greatly appreciated. I find it very helpful indeed to see a place through a fresh pair of eyes, from a new perspective. Of course it is two years since we were last able to visit. I was still expecting beers to be 3.5 - 4 euros and a meal at La Bronta to be 15 - 20 per adult including drinks.
You are absolutely right to say that the lift pass is expensive. I think that's one thing I close my eyes to.
I am off there this weekend, if all the passes / tests / etc allow it.
I will try to look at it from a slightly different perspective, but I am pretty sure i will keep going back
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ster, as in my post yes we could get a single ride for the boy but he had to have a parent with him at all times as he very dependent on help so + 10eu per ride for the parent on top of child rate it would add up. It was very obvious to anyone that the kid has autism but it was a blank no from the ticket office so 0 understanding. @JHS, you were good enough to share information so least I could do was post a report. of course we had a great week and the place is beautiful but im afraid w e just could not afford to try again. @Chick, really dissapointed to hear that as we actually got married in Zell 10yrs ago. I appreciate the price of a soup and a pint is not the make or break of a ski holiday for most people but the social part of the trip is a big part of our holiday. might have to quit skiing or go eastern europe from now on.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
eating out on the mountain was always on the "too expensive" list for us as a family, which is one reason we loved the catered chalets - back for lots of tea, baguettes, jam and cake at 4.30! And plonk with evening meal. Skiing really is an extremely expensive holiday with children. I don't know that costs have gone up a lot in real terms since we started in 1987 - it always seemed very expensive, and was our main holiday of the year. But few holidays provide so much in terms of challenge, fun, overcoming adversity (especially the travelling....and the day you mis-read the piste map and take a nervous 6 year old up a huge drag lift with thick fog at the top) and memories of all kinds. Beats sitting on a beach, any day.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy