Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Jobs in Europe

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone,

I want to have a career change asap. Im 25, done a season as a chalet boy back when I was 19 in Courchevel. It was fantastic! Just wondering if anyone knows of any Jobs going in any ski resort in Europe, America or Canada?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Steve
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
www.natives.co.uk
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Time admin set up a seperate Forum for ski jobs/gap years?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kenzie, why? We've already got Natives.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
natives does it so well, best place to start! If you fancy Austria try Snowcoach, theyre allways loosing staff!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
clarky999 wrote:
Kenzie, why? We've already got Natives.

So we don't have to keep picking up these threads & recommending Natives every time?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hehe just have a section with one sticky with just 'www.natives.co.uk' =p
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stemcin, if your still genuinely looking a mate has posted that skibound (tui group) are looking for kitchen porters or general assistants, also adding that you could be flying out Monday (although he posted yesterday). Work till end of season, phone 'em!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
manicpb wrote:
stemcin, if your still genuinely looking a mate has posted that skibound (tui group) are looking for kitchen porters or general assistants, also adding that you could be flying out Monday (although he posted yesterday). Work till end of season, phone 'em!

Thats Alpe d'Huez!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks everyone, called Natives and got a job as a chalet host within 2 hours. Much appreciated. Thank you all.

Stephen
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm looking for a proper chef (45 cover restaurant, evening service only to very high standards - good pay), and a few assistants for waiting, breakfasts, room change overs etc. This would be from next winter season in a new 3* hotel... PM me if you know anyone who likes the sound of that sort of thing... Might go and stick it on natives
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
in garbure we trust wrote:
I'm looking for a proper chef (45 cover restaurant, evening service only to very high standards - good pay), and a few assistants for waiting, breakfasts, room change overs etc. This would be from next winter season in a new 3* hotel... PM me if you know anyone who likes the sound of that sort of thing... Might go and stick it on natives

Nice Plug!!! - although clearly a commercial post, all the more cynical as it was posted a full hour after the OP states he is no longer looking.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nixmap, it is not a plug, it is saying I am looking to hire people in a thread about looking for jobs!... there is nothing about this place I am talking about, have I said the name? Have I said where it is? Is it even on my website? NOOOO Did I say PM me so we don't ever mention those bits in public YESSS... Man you got up on the wrong side of the bed today. And anyway it is a damn slight better to ask if people want a paid job rather then pay them nothing and call them volunteers and then advertise it on here with videos of the off-piste with their magnaminous host. Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
in garbure we trust wrote:
nixmap, it is not a plug, it is saying I am looking to hire people in a thread about looking for jobs!... there is nothing about this place I am talking about, have I said the name? Have I said where it is? Is it even on my website? NOOOO Did I say PM me so we don't ever mention those bits in public YESSS... Man you got up on the wrong side of the bed today. And anyway it is a damn slight better to ask if people want a paid job rather then pay them nothing and call them volunteers and then advertise it on here with videos of the off-piste with their magnaminous host. Evil or Very Mad

Annoying isnt it? Very Happy. I wasnt objecting I was congratualting you, For me, I guess your sig gives more than enough detail without having to repost it.. Very Happy. Although others would always ask for more and more detail and that you to publish every last minutae, then complain when you do. Apparntly asking for PM's only is too secretive??

As to the whole paid job vs volunteer work life balance thats really up for debate, but Ill warrant one is more easily defined as commercial than the other. Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

I wasnt objecting I was congratualting you

This is what gets up people's noses, nixmap. Unless your use of language is wholly different from the norm (in which case a conversation is impossible) the word "cynical" is not a congratulatory one. Have a moan by all means, if you wish, but don't twist and turn and contradict yourself all the time.
snow conditions
sorry about (now deleted) previous post, was half asleep.

I want to spend a season too, looking at the pay in this thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1739758#1739758 is making me have doubts though tbh, how easy is it to pick up bar work? or failing that door work(6 years experience in the uk). do natives cater for these industries too?
snow conditions
Bar work at this time of the season is pot luck, some may be thinking of heading home (mid-season blues) but the good reliable staff the bars have are usually happy for the extra shifts!

If you head to resort and tour the bars you'll know in a week if there is any work going. It's a gamble!
latest report
If you mean next season, yes natives cover bar/door work. A second language helps though, unless goin for a hotel bar (poor pay)!
snow report
Better start rereading my highschool french folders haha.

so, next question......where pays better? i'm more inclined to goto the livelier resorts, gonna scope out mayrhofen when i'm there next week, but failing that, france? switzerland? italy? where am I likely to et the most scrilla?

I also hope to drive out, do a lot of people do that?
snow conditions
MattMattMatt wrote:
Better start rereading my highschool french folders haha.

so, next question......where pays better? i'm more inclined to goto the livelier resorts, gonna scope out mayrhofen when i'm there next week, but failing that, france? switzerland? italy? where am I likely to et the most scrilla?

I also hope to drive out, do a lot of people do that?

It's out of date, but this is a guide:-

http://www.natives.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18879&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=c3f57a0852381117d3aedf7670b1f015
ski holidays
£60 a week- Go native$.-
ski holidays
Hi,

I saw your post about having jobs available next year. I'm currently working as an accountant and was thinking of doing something different when my contract is up in Sept 2011. My French is poor (I studied it when I was younger but would be willing to learn it again for work). I have 6 years experience working in a hotel bar in Ireland but would be more interested in working behind the scenes due to my lack of French. I would be interested in hearing back from you if the jobs are still available.

Regards
Sonny11ie
snow report
Sonny11ie,

Not sure who you were replying to, but many tour operators need accountants in their European operations, I've worked in Switzerland, France and Austria.

Natives is a good info source, and it's good to plan ahead. I got my first contract through one of the accounting trade magazines, an advert for MW.

If you're going to work in France, the invoices are all in French. But you relearn very quickly.
ski holidays
stemcin wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I want to have a career change asap. Im 25, done a season as a chalet boy back when I was 19 in Courchevel. It was fantastic! Just wondering if anyone knows of any Jobs going in any ski resort in Europe, America or Canada?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Steve

We have just posted our jobs for 2012 here
We'll advertise again this year on Natives, if needed. We tend to get "many" applicants for each job so, as with most TO's, the sooner you get the ball rolling the better.
Good luck.
latest report
stemcin,

Wayne
Quote:
We have just posted our jobs for 2012 here

Primo, devi imparare palare italiano.
snow report