Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quick question, La Plagne Mid-April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Got the option of a sneakly cheapo late trip to La Plagne (Belle) 9 Apr

I know there are a few SH's local to Paradiski, is it worth the risk? What can we expect? Just need nice easy cruising blues really.

thanking you ....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
smithski, I too have that week pencilled in for a 'final fling' this year. I came back [from LA] on April 3rd last year and the 12th the year previous, it was OK - both, not brilliant conditions, but damn good fun. I suspect April this year may be better than my next jolly on the 12th (next Friday) unless all the wigglies are wrong.

Go for it.. IMHO!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you need easy cruising blues you will be fine.
I will be in resort that week so I damn well hope so!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We were there last year from the 10th April.

As expected it could get slushy in the afternoon (it was quite sunny at that time last year) especially on the 'homeward bound' runs (going down to 1800 was awful) but on the whole it wasn't too bad and we got a lot of skiing in.

It's a very big resort with slopes facing all different directions so the sun hits them at different times - you'll soon learn which ones hold up the best. We didn't go across to Les Arc but those in the chalet that did really enjoyed it.

We don't regret going at that time last year as we had a great time (and it was cheap!). I was surprised how busy it was though - you's think it was the hight of the season.

The only downside was a damn volcano erupting in the middle of the week. We ended up getting coached back to Gatwick (my first TO holiday - glad we didn't go DIY).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
smithski, Belle Plagne is one of the highest of the 'villages' with good access to the upper slopes. So as long as there is anything skiable at all you should be OK. Good luck.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We were at Aime La Plagne same week as e17phil last year and conditions were good. A bit slushy near the resorts in the afternoon, but perfect higher up. I was also surprised how busy it was for so late in the season, but still waited no more than 10 minutes for a lift, and that was only at peak times (eg. just after waving the rest of the family off at the start of ski school). Definitely go for it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holiday is cheap enough and is tempting but lift pass prices are ridiculously high.

Been to Belle Plagen many moons ago (1998) has much chnaged since then?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well there has been very little snow since xmas, so reckon it has to dump at some point.....April has snow written all over it Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Skied in Paradiski that time last year - had a great time. Generally La Plagne seems to have wider pistes and be a bit more of a cruiser vibe on their blues and reds. Going over the Van Express into PV and Les Arcs opens up a world of choices.

Ditto on snow getting a bit sugary by the end of the day - but even a day skiing on bad snow is a good day. Madeye-Smiley

If you are going in a group look out for the group discount on buying ski passes. You could also do half-day passes. or you can just off-set your cost saving on a cheap holiday and suck up the cost of a full pass. The website is very helpful and staff have good english so a phone-call is not out of the question.

I am sure you'll have a great time, Belle La Plagne is a nice place.

PM if you want more info - otherwise I am sure Bored Surfing or Snowcrazy will be along soon to give a more detailed low-down.

Ian
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
smithski, I'd wait until a dump happens - rain is forecast for this weekend and that could seriously damage slopes that are already in poor condition.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
decided against it, opted for a week in La Tania instead, but thanks for all your replies.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
smithski, Isn't La Tania a heck of a lot lower than Belle Plagne?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Schuss in Boots, Yep, but there were other factors involved in the decsion Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
smithski, Fairy nuff Very Happy Hope you have a great time.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy