Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the new Rossi Z5?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I skied on Rossi Z5's about 3 years ago and loved them. Obviously the range has changed since then, and I've done quite a lot of digging around to see what's out there, but I'm not sure what would be comparable. Should I be looking at the Z72 / Z72X? They don't have very good reviews (unlike the Z5's, which were well reviewed all round). My experience of the Z5's was that they were nippy, at home on piste, while still having enough float to stray off-piste, and very maneouverable, which is probably top of my priority list. I guess I'm around 80%/20% on/off piste, so does anyone have any views on what I should be looking for?

Incidentally, I've also trawled ebay and the like, and can't find Z5's for sale anywhere! Does that mean no-one bought them, or that they are universally loved?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you liked the Z5 then I can't see how you would not like the equivalent Zenith. The Z5 was a 74 underfoot with 126 tips and 105 tails, so if it were me I'd be looking at the Z76 - a couple of mm wider than the Z5, but very versatile and comes in a choice of the Carbon or Ti so you can choose whether you want it slightly beefier or not.

Can you demo? Rental shops should have something similar, and remember reviews are very subjective. Hardly any bad skis out there, just good skis on the wrong skier.

If you want to be very hip, you could go for the Alias, 74mm underfoot but 120 at the tip and 110 at the tail, so slightly different taper, but these have the early rise tips so turn easy and have that tiny bit extra in the deep.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks - appreciate the post.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Legal Steve, I have rented and skied the Rossi Z9s the last couple of years and really liked them - sound just like your views on the Z5. Like you, I have punted around to see if I can find a pair of Z9s for sale but to no avail. Although I have not skied them, the reports I have read of the newer Z76Ti seem to be very much in the same vein as the Z9s so now I am looking at taking the risk on an end of season sale Z76Ti...

In both years, one week I was on the Rossis and had a great time, then a couple of weeks later was in a different resort with different skis and found them a struggle (one year on Fischer and one year on Head) so I have convinced myself that the Rossi Zeniths are good for me, based on this unscientific survey.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I love my Zenith 10's
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy