Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avon Ski Centre - Thursday Night Race Training

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone on here attend this?....whats it like?

I am thinking of getting in race training as a way of skiing a couple of times a week to stay fit etc....I also have a background in motorcycle racing and would like to give my competitive side an airing!! I live on the North side of Bristol.

has anyone any thoughts??
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't know about training at Avon, but in general I find race training is good for improving technique. It is quite low CV impact, so will need to be combined with some general fitness programme. Good for the etc. though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
speedy, if you're on the N side of Bristol, you may also want to consider Gloucester, which is home to several race clubs, and also a summer race league designed to bring newcomers into the dry-slope racing scene. I've not been to Avon, but Gloucester seems to have a decent setup. roga and Derek Jackson are regulars there, so could give you more info. Beware, though, if you have a competitive side as it can get quite addictive - I started doing this about 4-5 years ago and now never have a free weekend from May to September (or get the shakes if there looks as if there may be one Wink ).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Speedy, as GrahamN has observed, I ski at Gloucester. There is no reason why you should not ski at Avon, but most of the race clubs are dominated by youngsters rather than those of us who are more mature and adults tend to feel out of place. The (mainly) adult club at Gloucester skis on a Monday evening, starting at 7.00pm and we have a wide range of abilities from the very good indeed, through middling, down to those who "don't do fast" but nevertheless want to improve their skiing. We have several members who regularly travel up from Bristol, including some escapees from Avon who are looking for a further training night. Most of us are not as competitive as GrahamN, but we race in the Summer Race League which meets once a month from May through to October where the clubs from the South-West gather to try out their skills. The difficulty of the courses is not high because this is the starter level for ski racing, but that doesn't make it any less competitive and, of course, you can always use it as a springboard to the next level if you want. I think this is where you would find it difficult to ski for Avon because the demand for regular team places is high. Send me a PM if you want any more information.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Speedy, drop me a pm if youd like and ill give you the correct information about Avon. Thursday nights are race training from 6-7.30pm and adult race training from 7.30-9pm Madeye-Smiley and theres loads of places for racing in the summer league as we also help out exeter and harlequins. (chair avon ski club Cool )
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
iskar, you cant recieve PM's!

can you inbox me full details please?

Ta

Phil
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
oopps
www.avonskiclub.co.uk
or you can email me at iskar'tiscali.co.uk obviously the @ is missing needs to replace ' Razz
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy