Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Movement Source Review

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys just came back from Chamonix and tested my new Movement Source (185cm) with Sth12 bindings.

I skied most conditions which was lucky considering the coverage over the Alps this season. We had hard packed at Grand Montet, found deep powder on the vallee blanche, spring snow in Courmeyer, crud, ice, dust on crust, the list goes on!!!!!

All in all this is a great one quiver ski with lots of life, it lived up to all my expectations. Its light, very responsive and really easy to manouver, its large shovel eats up crud easily and makes it great fun to ski on. The shovel seemed to be slightly more flexible than the body of the ski which made the ride on crud and bumps much smoother. On powder this ski floats like a dream and goes anywhere you need it to without any effort.

On piste the ski is great to manouver, carves really nicely both short and long turns. Its turning radius is 19m approx but feels much shorter. So in short this ski goes anywhere and is great fun to ride but is most at home off piste (I would say 65/35) but still good fun on piste.

Drawbacks, it doesnt inspire confidence on hard pack when your trying to break world speed records (its softer shovel and because it's so light tends to make it chudder when your hammering it), but in fairness those wanting to break speed records wont be looking at this type of skis!

It also doesnt handle ice as well as other skis, but thats the pay off for having a light ski that will take you literally anywhere with a big fat grin on your face. HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT! loved riding it, great fun and very lively!!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mookziv, Very Happy +1 from me as well, I find that on my Sources if you drive them hard on icy conditions they perform pretty well. As you said the Source tends to do everything really easily without much effort, but when it gets icy you need some extra weight onto the ski.

Movement for next year have a new ski called the Trust, which will be very interesting, it will be a 141 x 108 x 129 with early rise camber in the tip, turn radius is 21 on the 186. They are much stiffer and have a squared of tail so should be very intresting they apparently handle piste as well, as soon as we have skied some I will get the review up.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy