Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lech on a budget!

Poster: A snowHead
We normally go skiing for New year but this year the dates fall badly. As Easter falls early next year we will go at this time istead. Anyway, we're looking for an Austrian ski in / out village, snowsure with lots of cruisy blue runs for timid 3rd week skiers. I really like the look of Lech and have found some hotels that seem to offer reasonably priced accommodation for Easter (approx £1750 for 3 people this easter HB). I'll book the flights using Airmiles or BA Miles and am happy doing DIY.

Question is, what are the other prices like in Lech, e.g. ski passes, lessons and eating and drinking on the hill and in the village?

Is Lech possible on a limited budget?

Thanks, Pete
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lech is lovely. But it is probably one of the more expensive places in Austria.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stayed with ski total in lech at the Chalet Sonneck. Whilst not the best in accommodation it was ok,and the food was very good and the wine free flowing. In chalet accomodation the costs can be kept down. The skiing willsuit but the apres ski in town is expensive. We watched people downing fizzy like it was lemonade. But it is possibe to do on a budget. On the slopes there are not very many eateries.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I always found the accommodation really expensive but eating out and drinking not as expensive as France or Switzerland especially with the CHF being pants.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agree withGsyfreerider, Lech is expensive for accommodation but ok pricewise on hill. Don't get me wrong, it can be very expensive to eat and drink in certain places but on the whole the prices are cheaper than France.
Stuben is a cheaper option for the arlberg.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Why not look at Obertauern if you want Austria, snowsure pretty much ski in ski out with lots of fairly easy runs. a lot cheaper than Lech and at Easter probably more snowsure, you can fly into Salzburg with BA for that.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ski pass: www.lechzuers.com (average)
Lessons: www.skischule-lech.com (don't know)
Eat/drink: On the expensive side for Austria, but cheaper than the major resorts in France.

I think you should be able to do Lech on a limited budget, if your accommodation is sorted Smile.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Richiavo wrote:
Why not look at Obertauern if you want Austria, snowsure pretty much ski in ski out with lots of fairly easy runs. a lot cheaper than Lech and at Easter probably more snowsure, you can fly into Salzburg with BA for that.

I've taken a look at the piste map and it doesn't look like the village is ski in / out or am I mistaken?

Pete
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks everyone, it looks like it might be a goer!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PeteMan, ski hire is very expensive - everything else pretty normal and there's a big Spar supermarket if your'e really strapped.

Lech is a brilliant resort. Obertauern is not in the same league - it's not even the same sport.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You need to budget 20euros a head to eat/drink at lunchtime.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PeteMan, most of Obertauern accomodations I think is ski in/out. Ore at least very close to pistes.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
you could always just add a "t"... cheap as chips, though the skiing isn't very challenging and there's not much in the way of apres unless you drive for a while!

sorry... i'll get my coat Embarassed
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
red 27 wrote:
PeteMan, ski hire is very expensive

Eeek, you're not wrong. €170 for 6 days for basic boots and skis. Ouch! I paid €60 in Niederau!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PeteMan, beat ya - 234€ in Stolz the first time I went. Not a mistake to make twice.

If the worst comes to the wurst the Spar does good sarnies - buy one and a few cans in the morning and have a picnic lunch (in village hall if wet)

bottom line is don't let a few extra € over what you pay in ordinary resorts stop you going to one of the very very best Smile
snow conditions
red 27 wrote:
bottom line is don't let a few extra € over what you pay in ordinary resorts stop you going to one of the very very best Smile

You've hit the nail on the head. Take advantage of a some cheap easter prices and see how the other half lives me thinks.

I guess that Dare2Be / Regatta might not cut the mustard in Lech Embarassed !
latest report
Quote:

I guess that Dare2Be / Regatta might not cut the mustard in Lech

Maybe the clientele in Lech is genuinely upper-crust, as opposed to desperately aspirational and insecure, and therefore not at all bothered about "brands"; such a sad, vulgar little preoccupation, don't you think?
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Maybe the clientele in Lech is genuinely upper-crust, as opposed to desperately aspirational and insecure, and therefore not at all bothered about "brands"; such a sad, vulgar little preoccupation, don't you think?

Let's hope so!
latest report
PeteMan wrote:
I guess that Dare2Be / Regatta might not cut the mustard in Lech Embarassed !

I wouldn't worry about it. The last time I was in Lech (2009) there were quite a few B-Square (i.e. Lidl) helmets to be seen (including mine Very Happy )
ski holidays
erica2004 wrote:
You need to budget 20euros a head to eat/drink at lunchtime.

not if you have soup and bottle of water. 15 euros buries it for two. Lunch not a big deal after major hotel breakfast ...
latest report
And in Oberlech there was quite a nice self service restaurant where lunch came out much cheaper.

margaret wrote:
stayed with ski total in lech at the Chalet Sonneck. Whilst not the best in accommodation it was ok

Yes, we stayed there last year as well. Absolutely fine and at a typical price of about £650/week half board chalethotel style, I would recommend it as a cheaper way of staying in Lech. Actually probably the only way we could afford to stay in Lech Very Happy
latest report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Sadly, no. you will be spat upon in Dare2B wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy