Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski resort with a spa...

Poster: A snowHead
Apparently I need to find a ski resort with a spa. (I don't really know what one of those is, but apparently it involves mud and avocado?) (And treatments even if you're perfectly well?)

Any suggestions for a nice spa? Bear in mind that some of the party will be on a budget, so we won't be staying in a spa hotel in Courcheval.

No doubt somebody on here has an answer... Thanks.

We're looking to the first week in April, so are not going to book just yet.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Monetier les Bains- Serre Chevalier is fantastic! Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
James the Last, Spa on a budget? Mmmm...................

Seriously they dont come cheap, if you go for a hotel with a Spa it'll be a lash, why not use a municipal one in resort, ie Kitzbuhel, Petteneu and St Anton all have excellent ones, as do most reasonably sized ski resorts in Austria. BTW their idea of municipal isnt the same as over here..............there's are clean and tidy, not a hoody in sight!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
James the Last, St Gervais has an excellent spa (full name is St Gervais les Bains) but skiing may be doubtful by early April - however, if of interest and you will have a car, Les Contamines, Megeve and Chamonix are all within very easy reach
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd look at the cgh mgm properties - they are self catering but most are very nice. They have pool, jacuzzis, sauna, steam room and treatments available.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Andorra de Vela has the biggest spa in Europe and whilst not exactly in a resort its only about 30 mins down the road from one.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
James the Last, Try the Aosta valley, there's a Spa in a place called Pre St Didier called Di Terme. About 35gbp for an all day session, we didn't manage to try all of the facilities but it has everything you can think of including outside hot springs from under the mountains. Most things are inclusive of the price (including a free buffet) but the massage and mud treatment is extra at around 15gbp. Just avoid on the weekend when all the Italians come out for the white weekend.

There are hotels / apartments in Pre St Didier but the place is small and out of the way, Courmayeur is 10mins on a free bus or 5 mins if your hotel has a driver to drop you off and pick you up. La Thuile is a similar distance but I'm not sure of transport. Great area for off piste and seems to getting some good snow at the moment.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
La Thuile is the same as Courmayeur in that it has a free bus to Pre St Didier.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bad Gastein springs to mind: http://www.gastein.com/en-gastein-bad_gastein.htm
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Some hotels have a Spa but they tend to be expensive and small when compared to the larger public Spa's / Thermal Baths.

Some examples of the latter are

Bad Gastein
http://www.gastein.com/en-gastein-bad_gastein.htm

Badkleinkirchheim
http://www.badkleinkirchheim.at/en-index.shtml

and Kaprun.
http://www.tauernspakaprun.com/en
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Be wary of spas in Austria. Although they are apparently very good, our strange continental brethren tend to get totally naked for this sort of thing. Horrifying!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Leukerbad in Switzerland has 2 of the best Thermal Spas in the Alps Linder Spa and the Bergerbad a day pass to either is 29CHF treatmennts are extra. However the sking is a bit limited, ok for a couple of days but beyond that and its too small. However Crans Montana is about 15Km away with a pretty good ski area. Apartment rent for April in Leukerbad from £300 per week.

http://www.leukerbad.ch/en/welcome.cfm
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://www.alpenroyal.com/enw/gallery_wellness.asp?Lang=en&Page=2

Quite barking these Tiroleans. Spot the snowball fight Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Gasteins are a good bet as you have 2 thermal spa's within about 25 min of each other.
Altenmarkt now has a brand new Thermal Spa... with Austria's only looping slide!... awesome!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Brides Les Bains prides itself on being a spa town, apparently there's loads of them there. I've never been myself, was put off by the 25min gondola up to the actual skiing (3V). Does keep the price down though.
snow conditions
Just to throw another spin/option in...

Alpe d'Huez has a heated indoor and outdoor pool free with a weeks lift pass. Also included is the sport centre with squash, table tennis, climbing wall, etc although there may be a small equipment charge the facilities are free. Also free outdoor ice rink, again a charge for skates. A lot of adverts for massages in salons or in your hotel room, starting around £15.

Alpe d'Huez is a real good resort (not having the best snow season but who is?) and is quite easy on the pocket. Finally baggy shorts are not aloud in the pools, tight shorts or speedos...but its worth it!
latest report
queen bodecia wrote:
Be wary of spas in Austria. Although they are apparently very good, our strange continental brethren tend to get totally naked for this sort of thing. Horrifying!

Hey, if you've got it flaunt it Wink
snow report
Leamington Spa? They got good boot shops there, must be good for skiing too. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Thanks for thoughts. Just to make it clear:

The skiers want to go skiing in a normal ski resort with plenty of snow in the first week of April, probably on a late chalet deal. There will be others in the party who can afford it and will be disappearing to a spa for afternoons. The spa visitors take second place, but need to be catered to.

Spa, in this context, does not mean "Les Bains" or "Bad" but a torture room where you are painted with avocado and mud whilst having your feet massaged.
ski holidays
manicpb wrote:
Just to throw another spin/option in...

Alpe d'Huez has a heated indoor and outdoor pool free with a weeks lift pass. Also included is the sport centre with squash, table tennis, climbing wall, etc although there may be a small equipment charge the facilities are free. Also free outdoor ice rink, again a charge for skates. A lot of adverts for massages in salons or in your hotel room, starting around £15.

Alpe d'Huez is a real good resort (not having the best snow season but who is?) and is quite easy on the pocket. Finally baggy shorts are not aloud in the pools, tight shorts or speedos...but its worth it!

I think the shop in Alp D'Huez is called SPA. Sells beer and bread mind no Avocado.
snow report
James the Last wrote:

The skiers want to go skiing in a normal ski resort with plenty of snow in the first week of April, probably on a late chalet deal. There will be others in the party who can afford it and will be disappearing to a spa for afternoons. The spa visitors take second place, but need to be catered to.

Go skiing wherever you want and buy a few tubs of this ...... Wink

http://www.naturesense.co.uk/naturesense/face-care/organic-creams-moisturizers/earthbounds-avocado-night-cream/prod_23.html

James the Last wrote:
Spa, in this context, does not mean "Les Bains" or "Bad" but a torture room where you are painted with avocado and mud whilst having your feet massaged.

Ahhhhh zee Austrian Zeller treatment. Toofy Grin
latest report
James the Last, another vote for Monetier les Bains. The spa concerned also has treatment rooms.. http://www.lesgrandsbains.fr/pages/espace-institut.php
Plenty of budget accommodation around too.
snow report
St Anton, Ischgl, Kitzbuehel... Could also take a look at the Sport Hotel in Neustift, then ski at the Stubai Glacier/other surrounding areas (neustift elferlifte are right behind the hotel too).
snow conditions
DB wrote:

http://www.naturesense.co.uk/naturesense/face-care/organic-creams-moisturizers/earthbounds-avocado-night-cream/prod_23.html

What on earth would I want that for? rolling eyes
ski holidays
James the Last, for accommodation in Monetier-les-Bains ( catered chalet) , check Ski Miquel where SnowHeads are staying for their off-piste bash next month.
latest report
James the Last, Davos has a fantastic all-nude spa is thats her thing
latest report
James the Last wrote:
DB wrote:

What on earth would I want that for? rolling eyes

To give to your friends who were looking for an avocado treatment, what else?

Note :- smiley winky = not being serious
snow report
lightningdan, Laughing Laughing There's SPAR in St Anton too........... might look a bit wierd walking around there with a trolley doing the weekly shop wearing the "budgie-smugglers" and looking for the thermostat to turn the heat up!! wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
clarky999, Watch the Ischgl ones, might get a few more treatments than they bargained for................ lively place Ischgl from what I recall but can't quite remember wink
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
clarky999, Watch the Ischgl ones, might get a few more treatments than they bargained for................ lively place Ischgl from what I recall but can't quite remember wink

I've always wondered what those massages with a happy ending were about - what happens at the end do you get an Avocado or something?
snow report
James the Last,
I can vouch for the ski miquel chalet in monetier- chalet charlotte. We stayed last season and were looked after very nicely. Not as good as chalet tannenburg in Bad Gastein, but very nice. Skiing is great too and a lot more of a friendly atmosphere in general than most large french resorts. Didn't go in the spa so can't comment on that side of things-sorry.

Geoff
ski holidays
DB wrote:
Note :- smiley winky = not being serious

Note to self: deadpan humour doesn't always work on the net! Cool
latest report
James the Last, here's the links to the spas in the Gastein valley:

Bad Gastein: www.felsentherme.com
Bad Hofgastein: www.alpentherme.com

Both are great!!

queen bodecia, you get use to going to the sauna naked!!! Everyone else is the same so no probs. wink
latest report
Kersh, there's no way on God's earth I'd ever do that. Fair enough for people that want to but I was just sounding a warning to any other prudish Brits.
snow report
queen bodecia, once upon a time, I was the same ......
snow report
You can always choose not to go to the saunas. There's loads of other stuff to do. It's not like you have to strip off to nowt in the changing rooms and then off you go.
snow conditions
Bad kleinkirchheim southern Austria. Cheaper than most well known European resorts.

PSG
snow report
Another vote for Monetier, was there the week before last and vouch the slopes hold their snow pretty well for a fairly low lying french resort. Spa was nice enough to hang out in, we didn't try the treatments. I can recommend chalet ridon over in villeneuve (zenithski) but you'll have to get them to take you two and from the spa @E10 per person per return journey.

Some of the hotels in Val d'Isere offer the inhouse spa treatments to guests from other chalets/hotels, if memory serves prices were extortionate though.
ski holidays
a.j., there's an evening bus service which runs every hour to Monetier from Briancon and back, and it is free of charge.
latest report
The French Pyrenees resorts (and I think some of the Spanish), have "real" spas, i.e. natural thermalwater coming straight out of the ground, and great prices.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy