Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2005/06 Equipment

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody out ther know what new for the season.

I got a pair of Atomic SX B5 last year, they are superb, provided you keep up.

Lookking for a new pair of performance boots this year to compliment the SX B5 (my old Tecnica Icon's are feeling pretty knackers, not to mention more than a little whiffy).

Thanks see you saturday

Bob
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't help with the Tecnica's but I like the look of Rossi's new 9Xti - which has a disturbingly similar sidecut to the Metron B5.

I can't recall whether Tecnica brought out the Diablo this or last year - if last year it might be due for an up- or re-grade. If you liked your old ones...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hi
can anyone tell me whats the salomon 1080s are in the european market?
are they being replaced by the gun, foil, thruster etc?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
enoch, Had a try out on one of next seasons's 1080 at the MK slope on 25/6. Logo is 1080 Thruster. Ski is white with pale grey logos. Bit stiffer than older models of 1080, more edge grip on hard pack. Not really the best for an indoor slope, so the wow was missing for me. Remember thinking that they would be really hard to find in deep snow-the colour snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bob (or other snowHead s ) have any of you seen or used a disinfecting 'nebuliser' as shown here?

snowbunny, ah, but all the pics will show you skiing in just your ski boots, the bragging rights are worth a little extra effort surely?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
comprex, Agreed, but only the pictures before I wipe out. I would worry about the inevitable aftermath video showing the fruitless search, with a soundtrack of sniggering wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm hoping someone can help! I've bought some brand new Dynastar Troublemakers from Ebay. I wasn't sure if they'd be the right kind of ski for me, but they were a bargain at £75 (I've seen them sold for nearly £300) so I decided to get them, and if they're not right for me, I'll sell them on when the skiing season gets underway. Thing is, If I fit bindings and give them a go (I ski on realish snow at Castleford slope), they won't be brand new anymore, so I won't be able to sell them as such. They're freestyle skis, and although I want to to have my first taste of off-piste, jumps and half-pipes this winter, I'll be on the piste 99% of the time. So my question is does anyone know anything about how these skis perform, and if so, do you think they'd be suitable for a lot of time on-piste? I'd say my level is probably intermediate... I'm happiest on the red slopes, but haven't ventured onto any blacks yet.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shouldnt be a prob. Used K2 enemy for similar sort of stuff in past and it holds up really well. As long as they are pretty stiff you should be fine.

Whats the dims of them and what length? Are they pretty big underfoot?

As for not being able to sell them as brand new i wouldnt worry as you will get near enough what you paid for them.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
gem_mountain_girl, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I tested the trouble-makers out a couple of years ago and really liked them. Was using them on-piste and off-piste - I was a reasonable but not great skier then. Didn't take them in the park - not really my bag - but can't see why they wouldn't work well. Much cooler than 1080s anyway wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy