Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What discount to expect end of season? Buy now or hold out?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi!

It's been a long time since I've purchased a pair of skis and was just wondering what sort of discount is normally applied end of season? Piggy-backing on another thread, I'm in the market for a pair of K2 Burnin Luv's and have found them for around £360 inc shipping (EB have them for £475 but UK average seems to be £440 - £450).

This is about 20% off - am I likely to do better if I hold on?

We've already been away this year, tiny chance of another quick trip in early April but unlikely so would just be using them in the fridge until next year - so no rush from that point of view. The risk is just that I hold off and then there aren't any availible in my size (I'm after the 153) so then have to buy at full price at the start of next season.

Any thoughts / experiences greatly appreicated!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Meant to add that Ski Bartlett have the 09/10 model for £360 if that's any sort of comparison (not familiar with them so don't know if that is representative). The ones I've tracked down at £360 are 10/11.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Expect to see some good deals, ski shops have been having a bad time this year, whether K2 Burnin Luvs are a hot brand is another matter. They are just Chinese made crap though, machine made in the Chingchong Industrial Zone doesn't have much of a ring about it. Still probably ok for pootling around a snowdome as you say.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm kinda in the same boat, what time of year do the sales tend to start?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My rule of thumb is that someone somewhere will be be discounting about 40-50% off this years kit before next season starts. Probably around May or September as they clear stock out. Most retailers don't want last year's bargains hanging around to divert punters from full price purchases of next years kit. However its pot luck if you're after a certain model or size.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob wrote:
My rule of thumb is that someone somewhere will be be discounting about 40-50% off this years kit before next season starts. .

I've just got 45% off a pair of Volkl I was after. However they were not discounted last season. So you are quite right, a lot depends on whether the ski is popular and how the season went. Expect a lot of deals this year though so it might be worth waiting, but you might need to be prepared to look further afield than the Island of the Apes.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
depends on what sold and what didn't.... not too many boots left in stock so we will not be having a big end of season sale...unless of course you are looking for 1 particular size in a 150 flex race boot
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks chaps, that is helpful and sort of what I thought.

OK davidof, I'll bite -
Quote:

They are just Chinese made crap though, machine made in the Chingchong Industrial Zone doesn't have much of a ring about it

if you can suggest an alternative that does the same job, at a similar price point, made in the Western world - I'm open to suggestions.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CEM,

Quote:

unless of course you are looking for 1 particular size in a 150 flex race boot

at 50kg and 5'3", probably not I'm afraid Sad
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy