Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

womens skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i'm looking at getting my wife her 1st skis(previous rentals)
shes a solid intermediate skier - mostly blues and reds at speed,not too interested in off-piste but an all round ski allowing her to try this later would be nice
any suggestions ?
also how easy is it to set up the bindings yourself
some websites offer this service but we're not sure of her boot length as she's left them in our apartment in France
Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am the same level skier as your wife and I am also looking to buy my first skis. I have been recommended the K2 Burnin Luv skis and Head Cool One or Head Everyone which is a slightly wider skier and therefore better for all mountain.
There is a great ski selector on http://worldofskiers.org/skiselector.htm that you can create a full profile on and then they will show you a selection of skis that may suit.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Would also reccomend the Origin range by Salomon. My wife has the Origin Topaz, A good all-mountain option I believe.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Took the demo rental option last year and bought some Rossignol Attraxion VI's. Fantastic ski - by far the best I've ever skied on. I would say I'm an advanced intermediate (level 6 on snow and rocks ability chart!!), average height and weight and i'd say average fitness. You say your wife likes a bit of speed - if so I think she'd like these as they are so stable. Nothing seems to throw them off course - they stick really well on hardpack and equally they plough through soft stuff. I used to hate spring snow till I got these - I found myself enjoying the sugary stuff last year. Great for long turns and they're quick edge to edge if you want to go shorter.
I also find them extremely easy to turn - they are actually pretty forgiving which I wouldn't have expected reading some of the reviews which make them sound a bit challenging. Here's a review I found - http://www.skinet.com/ski/gear/rossignol/rossignol-attraxion-vi-2010

I've found them a revelation frankly! My husband used to say I made excuses for my sometimes indifferent skiing by blaming my kit but since I had these I've realised the difference having the right skis can make.

The only downer is that they don't actually make this model anymore. The closest in shape Rossi do now seems to be the Attraxion VIII Echo which is about a cm wider all round. Maybe if you hunted around online tho you could pick up a pair of the old model fairly cheaply?? I'm guessing here!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
soggy, as it happens I've got a pair of skis for sale which would suit your wife perfectly. They've had 30 days use so are likely to be in better condition that a pair of ex rentals. They are 161 long with Marker bindings set for my boot sole length of 285mm. They are Volkl Attiva S5 skis-check the reviews out from 2007 they are an awesome ski. PM me if you are interested.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy