Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon RS7 or CF

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am a very amateur skier and I am looking at buying my first boots over the next few days I have always used rentals before. I went to a store last Friday and tried many different brands, Nordica, Atomic, Dalbello etc.
Being around 6ft tall and weighing around 108kg the guy in the shop suggested a flex of no more than 80. After trying on many different boots the best fit was the Salomon mission RS7 and the Salomon RS CF.
Now the issue I have is with my left foot. The right foot fits both models of boot perfectly.
On my left foot with the RS7 boots my big toe touches the end of the boot while I am standing but when I bend my knees the toe no longer touches the end with the CF I dont have this problem at all. With the RS7 my toe touching the end doesnt cause any discomfort but I am wondering if this is normal or ok or could cause problems later.
Secondly with both RS and CF boots they put pressure on the left side of the foot just at the base of my little toe. Again although it doesnt cause discomfort I am wondering if it will when worn for a longer period.
The chap in the shop mentioned that the liner will give a little and mold to my foot when worn for longer so maybe the problems will disappear. He also suggested I go back today and just try on the RS7 and CF as trying all the different brands on may have caused my foot to feel awkward given that some of the boots were a terrible fit.
My size is 29.5.

I hope this makes sense to anyone reading it. I am just after some advice as boots are not the cheapest item and I dont want to spoil my fun on the slopes by having my feet hurt.
Any suggestions or ideas would be great.

Many thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Which "store" are you buying at? It doesn't sound too impressive. Where do you live? They are some really good boot fitters dotted around the country and you can probably got a recommendation.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I live in Germany on the border with Luxembourg. I must admit I thought there would be a lot more choice of shops around here but the only one that seems to have a fair amount of choice is Intersport.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do you ever come to the UK. Where do you normally go skiing? I really think you need to find a decent boot fitter. You will probably want to get a custom footbed anyway. You may have to travel a bit to get to the right person or shop but it will be worth it. It's not an investment you want to get wrong. Ski's are quite easy to sell on but not so easy with boots.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy