Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sainte Foy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Sainte Foy in a few weeks time. Not my choice but I'll ski anywhere! I hear there are only a few piste runs but the off piste is the best bit. Any tips or suggestions on how to make the best of the area?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The main off piste areas are fairly obvious once you've been up the lifts. Lots & lots of gully runs & tree areas to be explored beneath the lifts, It's a great place you'll love it Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Now that it is snowing!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had a week at Sainte Foy earlier in Feb. Piste conditions were good despite weeks without snow. I did an off piste day round the back thought Le Monal with a guide. There was no one there. Not too challenging, but a long walk the the end. I think we organised him through http://www.snocool.com

I always go through Premiere Neige. They have a some info here http://www.premiere-neige.com/resort/offpiste#box_tab_offpisteinsaintefoy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rednblack, you will love it, as Cptsideways, says the off piste runs are easy to spot, however I would recommend a guide for the longer routes over the back.

There maybe not many runs when you look at the piste plan, however they are all really good quality runs and because it will be quieter in 2 weeks time it will be like having your own private ski resort, well almost wink

If you like black runs (unpisted) then the Crystal Dark is one of the best, if you are lucky with the snow then you could ski fresh tracks all week down it.

Also there is a very nice looking off piste run basically straight down under the top lift, however if you decide to carry on straight after crossing the red piste, there are two tricky sections called the X and the Y, ask about them first or go with someone else! they look OK from the lift going up but there are rocks and a few drops if you get it wrong Shocked
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sounds great! Is there enough to do for a week, or do you end up going to nearby, bigger resorts?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rednblack, It all depends what type of skier you are, if you are into mileage and lots of differnet runs then no St Foy is limited in that respect, however if like to explore a little and develop your off piste and piste skiing then St Foy is perfect. I have heard it quoted before that there is more skiable terrain in St Foy than Val because of the vast area you can get to from just four lifts.

If its a quiet week, which it should be, have alook around at the number of great skiers in St Foy and the seasonnaires who come back time and time agian, I wonder why?

ericdo, is correct the Le Monal is a super nice run, but you must take a guide, if the promised snow comes there is no walk out you can ski back OK with a little poling on the final section down to the resort.

There is also a St Foy resort thread http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=68087&start=80 which you could ask a similar question on as well, there are quite a few resort peole who post up on it.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rednblack, some Sainte Foy off-piste suggestions on our site: www.whiteroomchalet.com/stfoybackcountry.htm .

Post here or drop me a pm if you want any more info. Would definitely suggest getting some guided off-piste (Monal, Granier, Fogliettaz, etc.). We usually use Alex Rippe, a local independent instructor. He's great on both skis or a board.

I always find the "is there enough to keep me occupied for a week?" question hard to answer. I've done 4 seasons here and I don't feel like I've done everything (sometimes I don't feel like I'm even close). But, as above, if you just want to munch pistes then you'll have them all done in a day. But they're all top-quality and generally immaculately-prepared.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And a day trip up to Val d'Isere or down to the Les Arcs funicular are very close and easy (and there are buses - though I'm not sure how frequent).
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for all the tips and suggestions. Can't wait to get out there now. (Work is so over rated!)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thats a great insight into some of the off piste opportunities - thanks! ive just read it with piste map open in another window and have started to daydream about my first run on monday!

ive often been underwhelmed by resorts with a "small" amount of runs, however, ever since being told about sainte foy during a visit to la rosiere a few years back, ive always wanted to go and i have no doubt that its going to exceed my expectations

roll on sunday!!

snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowball, Agreed, les Arcs is very close by. If you have a car, the quickest way into les Arcs is through Villaroger, just across from the village of Ste Foy. That way you also get immediate access to much of the best skiing in les Arcs, around the Aiguille Rouge.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
For off-piste guiding, check in with these guys: http://www.guide-montagne-tarentaise.com/.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy