Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Power Buckles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It was recently explained to me that "power buckles" take out the need for having 4 buckles on a ski boot (I personally find it difficult to tighten conventional ski boot buckles due to an arthritic hand condition)

I didn't quite understand how they would work and would be grateful for any advice as to their advantages and disadvantages

The boots that were recommend to me with this type of power buckle (only 2 x buckles on a boot) were the Atomic Live Fit 80 and the Head i Type 10

Any thoughts / experience of these types of boots / power buckles would be appreciated
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
valleyboy, It really depends oyour foot shape, of the two the live fit is a better boot IMO but if it fits you like a bucket no "POWER CLIP"??? Is doing to help you, there are a few things which may help out there...head put a double lever buckle of some of their boots which gives you err well double the leverage when doing them up..... This type of clip could be put on another boot if it helped. There is also a tool out there, can't remember the name as most dismissed it as rubbish which acts like a lever on the clip of a boot, this could be the ideal solution for you as it would mean you could get a boot that actually fits your foot shape and then be able to do up the clips

Hope this helps
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CEM wrote:
valleyboy, There is also a tool out there, can't remember the name as most dismissed it as rubbish which acts like a lever on the clip of a boot, this could be the ideal solution for you as it would mean you could get a boot that actually fits your foot shape and then be able to do up the clips

I know precsiely what you mean Colin - they were selling them in the Tchibo shops a couple of months back. Just a plastic tool that you hook into the buckle and use as a lever to close the buckle
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some bottle openers do a fantastic job as a boot buckle tool Little Angel Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy