Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

All Mountain Xwing v Atomic blackeye

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone, new to this forum Im thinking about buying some all mountain skis, have tried the Salomon x wing Tornado ti at the chillfactor and the fisher Watea, liked the x wing better, very stable and a joy to ski. but iam unable to get my hands on a pair of Atomic blackeye ti to try, has anybody been on both? very happy with the 70/30 mix. Im 5"11 and 14 stone and improving, just love to ski, i know they will both do the job, keep reading about having to push the X Wings (fine with that, but like to chill at times and catch a view) which is the best all round ski if there is such a thing? Im on imformation overload, but At around £500 a pop i want to walk out with the best that suits Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hey reno,

Welcome to SnowHeads.

Have tried both, and am the same height and weigh a little less, but about the same when i have my pack on.

The Atomics bored me, pity as I love their race skis and I loved my 833EX/M s from the early 90s.

The Salomons were a joy indeed. Fun and snappy.
The 166 would be sufficient for more piste oriented skiing and the 173 will add the extra float to head off the pistes.
If you are strong legged, then quick slalom-ish turns are still possible with the 180s and they will give loads of float if you want to explore deeper pow off piste.

Oh and the Ti Pl is even snappier/lively

hope that helps.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the reply Graet help. Someone said the x wing tornado ti was the the ford Mondeo of skis! sounds good to me,as the Mondeo 2.5 titanium x was a wolf in sheeps clothing and if badges are not your thing,one hell of a car! and lets not forget ford gave us the GT40and the Cosworth.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
reno, having tested skis for years, I now have a pair of Tornado Ti's PL. I tested them last year and they were amazing, certainly not the mondeo of the mountains. So lively and smooth.

I'm the same height as you but lighter and I have the 173. Personally, I think the 166 would be too short for you.

Cheers
Kersh
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy