Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

are numbers down this season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
noticed on another thread that someone mentioned that numbers for visits to the alps etc were down this year.
my own experience was that the plane going out from glasgow i was on was more or less full.
are there any numbers yet or anecdotal info as to what numbers are like so far this season
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
According to an email i received from Tignes tourist office visitor reservations, as at 10th Jan 2011, are - 1.5% compared to last season. Other comparable high altitude resorts are + 2.6% ( la plagne, 3 valleys, Les Arc etc).
The largest reductions were in the autumn and the xmas period. Bookings are up for January, February & late season. Tignes lost the Varsity ski week to Val Thorens which amounted for a lot of the autumn reduction.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For what it's worth - a TO I've been negotiating with told me that a lot of customers are saying "anywhere but France" which echoes my own thoughts at the beginning of the season when I was making the "where do we go now" decision.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
for my first trip this year we went to italy, mainly due to the snow but it was nice not to feel i was getting royally ripped off each time.
depending fancy austria in march.

just wondered about whether prices were under pressure depending on numbers
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I wouldn't be surprised if the costs were down-some of the holidays look horribly expensive. North American lift passes are simply eye wateringly dear! I had to do a double take when I saw passes nearing the £300 mark!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

North American lift passes ... nearing the £300 mark

Of course the thing here is that Americans are generally well paid but only get about 45 minutes holiday per year, so they are prepared to pay a lot
Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kevin mcclean, yup. Do not go to Banff unless you can wangle the £200 lift pass ("Buy 4 days, get 6!" special offer) instead of the £300 version ("Any 6 days out of 8"). A £300 lift pass, hour long commutes by coach (that one now has to catch a bus to get), 40% of the pistes (Sunshine village) on the verge of closure due to a petulant owner sacking half a dozen staff for failing to privilege his son. It's not looking good. Banff used to be the transatlantic bargain for budget billies. It may not exist next year. It'll just be Lake Louise, with a one day visit to Panorama.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy