Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

les Deux Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So what's the deal at les 2 alpes this week?

Apparently they havn't got enough staff which means enormous delays getting tickets etc and the "tempest" on 19th-20th has wiped out a part of the lift system on the glacier so there are huge queues when you get up top.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's amusing - I requested to work this week and was told they weren't taking on extra cashiers because they didn't expect to need them. I did wonder how that was going to work when I saw all the stuff planned for this weekend. Don't know about the rest of it though, planning to go up tomorrow afternoon for a look.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You are not the only person who is frustrated with the situation it would seem. If you hear anything today let us know. Apparently "tout Grenoble" was in front of the ticket office this morning. Probably the fresh snow and fine weather brought them out.

The damage to the lift system is more worrying but checking a bit more it seems like it is just the Lauze which links to la Grave which has been knocked over by the tempest, everything else bar the funitel is ok.

Lifts close at 15h30.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No sign of any problems on Sunday and not many people about, it is a big change from the days of the Mondial.

here is the snow report

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1879187#1879187
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davidof, not many people? I had to drive three times round town before I found a parking space, half the glacier was heaving with race teams and the park was full of people testing equipment. You sure we were in the same resort? Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lizzard wrote:
davidof, not many people? I had to drive three times round town before I found a parking space, half the glacier was heaving with race teams and the park was full of people testing equipment. You sure we were in the same resort? Laughing

Well it is relative I guess. Don't you remember the manic days at the height of the Mondials? I thought it was fairly calm but maybe what I'd been told about Saturday being a scrum prepared me for the worst.

A very good point is the main T bar drag worked flawlessly throughout the day without the usual (start of season) breakdowns and powercuts even if some of the T bars were frozen. This kept skiers and borders circulating around the mountains.

Yes the race area was very very busy but they generally kept themselves to themselves. Always amazing to see the range of clubs that come up. It is a pleasure to see a mountain full of such good skiers.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davidof, Toussaint week needs to re-establish itself in the public mind and on the skiing calendar after the past few seasons, I suppose. I imagine the DAL will be pleased with the weekend's turnout though.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lizzard wrote:
davidof, Toussaint week needs to re-establish itself in the public mind and on the skiing calendar after the past few seasons, I suppose. I imagine the DAL will be pleased with the weekend's turnout though.

I remember we used to go up to LdA every weekend from about mid October (I'm talking about 1990 here) and you could often ski a lot of terrain such as down to the Roche Mantel. I guess we'll never see those days again. Val Tho used to open around Toussaint too.

Still couldn't really fault the conditions yesterday and the fresh snow tomorrow should be great for the end of the week.

You are right though about the public mind. I asked around at work last week whether anyone would be skiing and I got looks like I should be locked away in an insane asylum. These same guys would have been skiing every weekend when they first came down to the Rhone Alpes but they've got tired and flabby and prefer a day spent in Ikea on a Saturday chosing the latest "Cnut" bookcase they are going to build on Sunday.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm disappointed not to be out in Serre Che this week, and popping up to LDA for an odd day or twos skiing. Still our earlier trip means we got warmer weather I suppose.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lizzard

I'm a bit confused (no change there). 5 minutes before you posted this comment

Lizzard wrote:
davidof, not many people? ........half the glacier was heaving with race teams and the park was full of people testing equipment. You sure we were in the same resort? Laughing

you posted on Davidof's 'snow report' thread (lovely pics as usual, Davidof) ..

Lizzard wrote:
davidof, I went up about 11:00 - no queues to speak of, good conditions, not bad for an early season day out.

??
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
davidof, having been in IKEA this very afternoon, I can safely say that those people are several miles over the madness horizon and accelerating. Laughing

Red Leon, It was busy. There were moderate queues at the lifts (20 to 30 people at a time). It was not half term carnage. Does that clarify?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ah yes, Ikea, DIY and the half lived life- heaven spare me, and thankfully I think it has. Roundabout this time of year, in Ireland where I live, the weather begins to turn wet, cold and dark (though today I'll drive with the roof down TBTG) and the inner snow seeker inside awakens with the enthusiasm of a a bear after hibernation.

The shelves can wait, Ikea can make their huge returns on the half livers, the slopes call and like the late Richard Burton once intimated about Elizabeth Taylor, every minute off her was a minute wasted!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy