Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Day trip: Pralognan la Vanoise or St Francois Longchamps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Our season ski pass gives us free days in these resorts (and others too far to bother with, such as La Bresse Hohneck). They both look like a pleasant day trip destination, and an easy drive from here. I wondered about a day there on one of the upcoming hot and sunny days; as much for the tourism as the skiing.

Any thoughts?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've never skied at St Francois, but know Pralognan well. It's small but very varied with some blacks (Couloir de l'eau and Pariettes) as tough as anything in EK or 3V, and amazing scenery - probably better than any ski resort in France I've been to except for Chamonix. Pralognan is mostly south facing so not so good late season where the runs to resort may be largely artificial, but if you go high it's a great place for ski touring
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Pam,

I've been to both Pralognan and St Francois.

A friend is a pisteur-secouriste at Valmorel (link with St Francois) and I believe that it's really bare just now (South facing). I've skied there too and it's not particularly exciting.

Pralognan (I've walked around there a huge amount in summer and snowshoed) - really beautiful - definitely a great place to visit. I've not skied the pistes there though (except the x/country).

Regards

Mark
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
marksavoie, Plake, thanks very much. Sounds like Pralognan! Present weather is obviously not ideal - but I am tempted by the warm and sunny days towards the weekend. As I said in my OP, the quality of the skiing on the day is not too critical, as the passes will be free.

We have more than one day available to us - so we might be able to go back later in the season, in better conditions.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w, Pralognan is a pretty little village, popular with x-country skiers in winter, and walkers in summer. worth a visit
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've been to Pralognan in the summer and done lots of walking there, certainly very beautiful.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy