Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on 2011 boards

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for some tips on upgrading my board this year and would love to hear what some of you guys have to say.

At the moment I am riding my 2005 Burton Clash which has done me a good service from beginner to upper intermediate. But the last couple of week out I have felt like it’s been holding me back and know I need to move up a level.

I’ll keep the Clash for powder days but need something that I can have a bit more fun with. I’m not really a massive park rider but will spend the odd day there. What I’m looking for is something that I can mess about with on little kickers and the odd off-piste adventure.

I have been looking at the Ride Society but have just been to Snow and Rock who are suggesting a reverse camber board like the Burton Sherlock might be a good way to go.

Any advice gladly recieved.
Cheers.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mijlee, hi and welcome to snowHead!

the best way to decide on a new board is to talk to the staff at a shop about your riding style and where you're planning on riding the board (piste/park/off-piste/indoor/dryslope?) then demo their suggestions to get a feel for the best one for you. the demo is probably best done at an indoor slope.

i've heard that reverse camber may be a bit of a fad, but i have no idea about the truth of that statement.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have a look at the YES Great Dudes of History board (Snowboard asylum have them in the UK), which is apparently one of the hot boards this year, and seems to fit your style...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy