Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Race wax - Dominator Hyperzoom ski wax - any thoughts?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As one of spyderjon's ski tuning disciples I regularly use the Dominator Lime wax on my planks. I've never had a problem with it and the wax is really an 'all rounder' as the Maestro said, but every now and again I want a wax that gives me a little more 'zip'. I know the tricks with Zardox NW (both underneath and on top of) the Lime wax but was thinking about the other Dominator products, particularly the Hyperzoom wax

http://www.dominatorwax.com/newzoom.html

From the write up it pretty much fits the bill, but I wondered if any of you boys and girls had any first hand experience of using it.

And then there's the question of where I can get some from - is there anyone in Europe who stocks it, or will I have to look the other side of the pond?

Obviously I'm open to other suggestions from snowHead in terms of waxes to consider. I'm really after something with a little bit more but without the need to phaff around with snow temps, old snow, new snow, etc
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sleipnir, unless it's very cold the only way you'll get better performance than the Lime is to start to specifically target against snow temps, old snow, new snow, etc - but then your performance envelope will be narrower so unless you're racing there's really no point. Lime runs out of puff if it's colder than minus mid teens so a specific cold temp wax would be better below that.

Presumably you already have a good brushing regime?

Try turning less wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon wrote:
Sleipnir, unless it's very cold the only way you'll get better performance than the Lime is to start to specifically target against snow temps, old snow, new snow, etc - but then your performance envelope will be narrower so unless you're racing there's really no point. Lime runs out of puff if it's colder than minus mid teens so a specific cold temp wax would be better below that.

Presumably you already have a good brushing regime?

Try turning less wink

Yeah, I've a good brushing regime - at least 2 minutes morning and night standing on one leg to strengthen my core. Oh you mean my skis! Very Happy

I go through the routine you showed me using brass, nylon and horsehair brushes. To get a bit more, is it a case of spending more time with the nylon and horsehair brushes?

"Try turning less"......nice advice Jon. What's the expression, "ski like you stole em!!!" wink Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy