Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and Langley Hotel 2100

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This review is mostly about the Hotel, in case it helps other Snowheads who might be considering it as a place to stay.

The Staff

I simply could not fault the attitude of the staff - from the Cleaning staff, to the Barman; and from the Receptionists to the Dining room staff. Everyone was polite, friendly and went above and beyond to be helpful. The only blip was the Ski Shop facility on the bottom floor, where the opening times on the door appeared to be a rough guide to when the person might be there - rather than something that could be relied on. It may well be a rented space and not under the direct control of the hotel.

The room

It was on the small side, but cleverly laid out, so provided you used the multiple storage spaces, was very adequate. The beds were very comfortable and there were lots of sockets where they were needed. The Shower Room was a Glass Box (containing an excellent shower, basin and toilet), with frosted glass and a curtain on the outside between it and the bed, for extra privacy. It again was on the small size, but adequate. The water was always hot and came through one of those large rain-shower heads.
There were 2 lifts, which were on the small side, especially when people were arriving with luggage.

The Food/Vegan options

This is where imv the hotel excelled. On check in, without prompting, they immediately said that they were aware that my Daughter was Vegan and had an allergy to Mushrooms and the Kitchen staff had been made aware......and so they were. You booked the time you wished to have your evening meal - which was hourly from 6pm to 9pm. When we came down, the waiter immediately was aware that a Vegan option was needed.

There were 3 courses, with little alternative....though you could go A La Carte for an extra fee. We both found the food was excellent, but while very tasty, the amount was on the small side. It was more than sufficient for us, but if you like the plate piled high with lots of choice, then maybe look elsewhere. I didn't have a bad course all week.

Breakfast was the usual buffet style affair with a decent choice. They did provide Soya Milk, but no butter alternative - which in our case was not an issue, as my Daughter had her own, as we came back at lunchtime for a bite of lunch. Both the Coffee and Orange Juice were of decent quality.

It should also be noted, that on Leaving, breakfast was available from 3am (without the cooked element). A nice touch that I hadn't seen before.

The Ski and Boot room

There were unlockable racks for the skis and heated racks for boots. I asked if I could bring my skis to the room - and the answer was "Yes, of course".
Its location was just inside the front door to the right as you enter, with no security that I could see. Anyone could enter the hotel, lift skis and walk out without raising suspicion. They did say they had no issue with theft. If you put your skis either end of the rack, you could put a lock around the skis and the end support.

There was a 3 or 4 minute walk down a footpath, which could get very slippery. You can also go through the small shopping centre, but that requires a lot of steps. The 2 supermarkets are very close.

The Skiing

This is covered in the EK threads.....though I think we struck it lucky with our week. On the upside, we had great snow; the weather remained cold; we had snowfall topping up the pistes early on. Some mornings started with flat light, but mostly cleared by mid morning. The last 3 days were mostly coldish and sunny.

On the downside, it was much more crowded than I would have expected for Jan.....and the standard of skiing was considerably lower than I have previously experienced in the area. The blood-wagons and helicopter was busy. It was hard to get away from the crowds and eyes were needed in the back of your head.

Crystal

Crystal were fine until departure day.
Their App said we were to be picked up at 12am for a 12pm flight from Geneva. This was obviously wrong. We were also supposed to get a text with the info, which we didn't, so I located the Rep and was given a time of 6.35am, which seemed more reasonable.

We were in good time for the pick up, to allow time for breakfast.....and a series of French Drivers appeared, with no English and a long lists of people they were to lift....and expected you to find your name in 5 printed pages. Normally there would have been a Rep to ensure their clients knew what was going on.

After half an hour past our pick up time, I asked the helpful Receptionist if he could help. He confirmed we were to be picked up at 6.35am. Our info pack didn't include a Reps phone number - but a 24 hr number based either in UK or ROI. Luckily, the Hotel had the number of the Rep, who answered and confirmed things were running late and we would be picked up shortly....which we were......and TBF she rang back in 10 mins to ensure we had been picked up. Apparently, the driver had sat outside the hotel for 10 mins, waiting for us to come out....whereas we were told to wait in the hotel to be picked up.

So, all in all, it was a fantastic holiday in a very pleasant hotel.....but Crystal need to be clearer on their pickups. I will know better next time - unless they change things again.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 30-01-23 17:54; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Old Fartbag, Thanks for the info -- filed away for next year...

The Crystal App/lack of Rep gets a bit of a 'kicking' in the Cortina D'ampezzo thread as well
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

it was much more crowded than I would have expected for Jan..

This seems to be general, all over. I wonder what's going on?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
albob wrote:

The Crystal App/lack of Rep gets a bit of a 'kicking' in the Cortina D'ampezzo thread as well

In our case, Reps were readily available and were often in our hotel.

I found the Reps helpful but made some assumptions that turned out to be wrong.

1. The App was more useless than I anticipated
2. We would be properly informed about our departure time - either by Rep/Text/ App
3. There would be a Rep - as been the case for every other holiday I was on - to make sure you got on the right Minibus, as there were various clients getting different flights from different airports at similar times. Sending drivers with no English is a penny pinching solution.
4. I assumed the info pack would include a number for the Reps....not a call centre.
5. The Hotel came to the rescue, so were excellent.

I have just made my feelings known on their emailed feedback form.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

This seems to be general, all over. I wonder what's going on?

The way I understand it, because of the rubbish start to the season a lot of local resorts didn't open so the local population have been going to the higher resorts instead. Val Thorens was very busy last week too, especially Sunday and Wednesday and Meribel/Mottaret was a nightmare.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy