Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Reports for Banff / Lake Louise / Sunshine thread!

Poster: A snowHead
That will be my only contribution - over to the weather gods Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They need some snow before anyone can start reporting on it Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We got a nice dump 5 days ago. Norquay is open for the public at weekends and LL and Sunshine are gradually opening more and more slopes. Snow could be better. At the moment there are quite a few icy patches at LL and Sunshine. No big dump in the forecast so gotta hope the snowmakers can conjure up some nice snow Smile Still early in the season though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
So much for Sunshine being all natural! They had a snow gun operating in the Villge the other day.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
axci, are you local?

thinking of booking banff this year on a bit of a last minute deal (or earlier if the deal and snow looks right) for the mid to end of January for a couple of weeks - are there any dates to avoid? (school holidays and the like) is that generally a good time of year to head out? went to fernie a couple of years ago for a couple of weeks and there wasn't much fresh, so am hoping for better this year........ Cool
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks axci, keep us posted Wink

Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rogg, doesn;t snow a lot in January and its usually bitterly cold. The good news is that what does fall generally stays in good condition due to the cold temps. Avoid family day and presidents day (imo) but you shouldn't be too close to them as they are usually later in February.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
-27 at Sunshine today brrrrrrrrr
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rogg, local for the season Wink

Weekends also get rather busy because of the people from Calgary. I haven't heard about any major school holidays in January other than the New Years Week.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
cheers axci, would feb be a better bet for the freshies?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rogg, no, Revelstoke would be Little Angel
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Family day weekend is 19th - 21st Feb. If you really want epic powder you're going to have to head further West than Banff. Weather can be very cold in January but it is not a given.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
i'm afraid the OH has decided on Banff this year - my choice last time . next time we go it'll be down to me..... snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rogg, keep an eye out for the ski bus disaster being resolved. If it isn't I'd try and stay near to the pick up in town or at the Springs.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
End of Jan is ANZAC day - so expect to see seasonal workers shivering their nuts off wearing swimming apparel and drinking beer outside. Shocked
snow conditions
The Enviro Canada weather read is -35c just now in Banff town.
ski holidays
Im in Banff again Jan 26 to Feb 10th if anyone want to meet up for days back country skiing while GF is in lessons etc.
snow conditions
scotia,
Quote:

The Enviro Canada weather read is -35c just now in Banff town.

But by the end of the week it has warmed up just fine. -40C including windchill this morning.
snow report
Any actual snow though?
snow report
norquay, sunshine and lake louise all open - there's snow on the ground in banff on the webcams...... Cool
latest report
I would say limited snow for this time of year. Up high in the back country there is ~70cm (which is not really enough anywhere near trees) while down low in the valleys probably about 20 - 30cm. While all the resorts are open they are not "fully open". I have not yet gone skiing at the resorts yet this year.
snow report
About 10-15cm of new snow at Louise and Sunshine over the past 2 days.

Had a really good powder day at Kicking Horse today. 15cm over night and Feuz Bowl was opened today so got some sweet first tracks there...
snow report
axci,

Good news. We're skiing Sunshine this sat and sun. Naksika last weekend was improving, but they make snow like billy-o. Heard Sunshine was a bit patchy and club told son to wear his rock skis. Is it still bad do you think?
snow report
So Saturday at Sunshne was a little chilly, minus 27 when we arrived in car park (fairly early as we had to be at Goat's eye by 9am). The morning especially, until the sun got in and it warmed up. Today was much warmer.

Snow seemed fine. A little rocky in some places and some runs had baby trees, roots etc but not too bad. OH did take a chunk out of skis though. Not all runs open yet though, this was shame but c'est la vie. We did some good skiing on Goat's eye. Rode the new Strawberry chair for our little slice of olympic history.

We stayed at Hidden Ridge, which I quite liked, nice open fires and dvd library.

Next weekend in Banff 15th Jan. Before that Whitefish and then Naksika
latest report
15CM fresh pow at LL, Sunshine and NQ !!

Good conditions today after a very needed snowfall.
snow conditions
PS Whitefish was great. Lots of great snow.
snow report
Is it me, or is the Banff area having a fairly poor start to the season?
ski holidays
ajpaul,

They often have a bad start.

Fab pow day yesterday at nakiska- totally unexpected and as the weather in calgary was grim the resort was very quiet.

Now the artic chill and wind have set in.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone been out to Sunshinre recently? Going tomorrow..............
snow conditions
gryphea, there's a Canadian Rockies Roll Call thread on TGR with recent conditions updates.

Be careful on the roads!
ski holidays
gryphea, according to the skibig3 website there's been a foot or so of fresh in the last couple of days..........
snow report
Great powder at Sunshine yesterday, some brilliant runs off-piste!
ski holidays
Tintin, pics or it didn't happen Wink
snow report
Can anyone have a guess at when delirium dive will be opening, based on current snow conditions?
ski holidays
Unbelievable weekend at Sunshine. 30cm fresh for saturday and 10cm fresh for sunday. A temp inversion meant temps were balmy at around -2C, a refreshing change form the recent chill of calgary!

Roads were fine in the end!
ski holidays
A group of us are flighing out on 22nd......CANNOT WAIT!! Its my first time boarding out of Europe.

Can anyone update me on the bus situation though? I've heard there are issues. We're stayin on Banff Avenue, are they picking up there?
Thanks in advance!
snow report
Good weekend at Nakiska- if a little chilly. Saturday was the deepest powder we have ever seen there. Hardly anyone was there and it was great. Sunday had a couple of cm of freshies and some really good conditions on the groomers. This year's snow is making a real change from the usual Nakiska hardpack.
ski holidays
Is it gonna snow this weekend?

Anyone fancy summarising the prospects for the next fortnight?

I guess it's at least more likely to have soft/fresh pistes compared to the hard-packed Alps.

Some weather links:
http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Banff-Norquay/6day/bot
http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/snow_forecast.asp?resortID=309
http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/MT8_Calgary_Kanada_ens.png
snow report
Powder at sunshine yesterday and still snowing when the lifts closed - several areas almost untouched; nice and soft pistes even when it had packed down! Very Happy
snow conditions
Tintin wrote:
Powder at sunshine yesterday and still snowing when the lifts closed - several areas almost untouched; nice and soft pistes even when it had packed down! Very Happy

Is the 'Dive' open yet? skied it when I was there 2 years ago.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy