Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BSL Ski Job Opportunities

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I am a BSL Level 2 Communicator and am going on to study my NVQ Level 3... I also adore skiiing and would love the opportunity to combine skiing and my sign language skills... Is there a demand for BSL Ski Instructors in Europe or further a field... If not as an instructor are there any hotels / chalets who speciaise in this area who employee BSL Communicators ?? Confused
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sallysemp, welcome to Snowheads!

Adaptive ski instructors in general are in high demand, I'm sure there are jobs around. A good place to ask would be DSUK.

http://www.disabilitysnowsport.org.uk/

You could also consider doing your Adaptive instructor qualifications. You can do your L1 course indoors in the UK.

http://www.basi.org.uk/content/adaptive.aspx

Are you already a qualified instructor, if not what is your currentlevel of skiing?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi

Thankyou for those very useful links I have contacted DSUK for information on being an Instructor or maybe a volunteer ?? I think you can only do the BASI Adaptive Course if you hold a ski qualification, BASI or ASSI ???

I am currently working as a Support Worker with Deaf Adults whom have a range of learning disabilities, some with physical disabilities as well...

I am not a qualified instructor, but I am an Advance skier..
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sallysemp,
Quote:

I think you can only do the BASI Adaptive Course if you hold a ski qualification, BASI or ASSI ???

I believe the Adaptive L1 is now a stand alone qualification, so this would be the entry level. The pre-requisities are listed here:

http://www.basi.org.uk/content/adaptive-level-1.aspx
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can confirm the L1 Adaptive is a standalone entry to the Adaptive qualifications and you no longer require an Alpine qualification to gain entry.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sallysemp, hi there! I am a JTI (awaiting results of submitting my NVQ4 BSL & on an interpreting development programme). My sister is Deaf and I interpreted for her during lessons on a ski hol last year. Things became a tad interesting when she decided her gloves weren't up to the job and bought some mitts - had she been a stranger not my sister, I think I'd have had a hard time with receptive skills!

THere is an organisation called "Silent Snow" based in the Milton Keynes area (http://ml-in.facebook.com/group.php?gid=98684815486). It might be worth getting in touch.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi...
Thanks for post and good luck with results on your NVQ4... Iam currently doing Bridgeing Course for level 3 and hopefully NVQ3 in September... I am working as a CSW at moment supporting Deaf adults all with Learning difficulties and some physical disabilities...

I will get in touch with Silent Snow for more information. Thank you...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sallysemp, Good luck. You will need to expand your contact with BSL users for the NVQ3 as you need to have regular contact with people who are using a minimum of that level themselves & I suspect those you support will not be. Your contact of course doesn't all have to be paid work - being with friends in the local Deaf community in the club/pub is valid experience too.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy