Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

deeper

Poster: A snowHead
so.... how many people are looking forward to seeing the epic 'deeper' next month?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never saw many but waiting a year too see that one.
On another note Porters in the states are saying the (non split) flagship is resort pow friendly,can,t go wrong all mountain board!.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tirol 164, i assume punksnotdead is referring to the new tgr produced jeremy jones movie. i can't wait to see it.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
sherlock235, yeah i was referring to the jeremy jones Very Happy i dont think ive ever wanted to see anything more than this!!! the trailer looks epic. hopefully going down to london premiere if i can swing the day off work!!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

opefully going down to london premiere

where/when's that?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Swirly, i think it's gonna happen at london freeze - there's an ad in the new whitelines mag. (new season snowboarder pron dropped onto my doormat yesterday. WOOHOO!!!!)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sherlock235, don't suppose you know if there are any plans for a showing up north? Might have to pay a visit to the Southern wastelands.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
this is the closest i could find about the official european premieres. it doesn't look as though there'll be another premiere in the uk.

that link should show the official ad too. i assume london freeze are "sponsoring" the london event, seeing as he is one of the relentless team riders, and relentless are also sponsoring london freeze.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Swirly, sherlock235, is correct.it is at the london freeze festival on the 29th/30th october. im from the west midlands and making the trip down just for that (amongst the other activities) and its abit of a ball ache. i definately think for future premieres they should consider manchester aswell as london. seems to be the only uk premieres is down there. i wanted to go the new volcom premiere but......
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I just finished watching it, apart from travis rice's 5 minutes its boring as hell. Way over hyped and a real mountaineering sausage stroke fest. If you have a beard and a split board then you are in heaven. If you like technine bangers and house to house wall ride transfers then give it a miss. Glad nidecker were such dicks now and I didnt order his boards.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ad edit is on at the Kendal Film Festival.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Have I got this right? After less than a month since the premier and while certain retailers are trying to sell it at £20, it's free on the front of onboard!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The movie is another level of marketing for a snowboard product,no?.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I downloaded from US itunes for 8 dollars in HD. Bit of a faff this way but its not available on UK itunes.

For me this is what snowboarding is all about and not a rail, do-rag or silly snowgangsta involved.

"If you have a beard and a split board then you are in heaven" - oh yes..... Cool

Well worth the 5 quid investment to have in your collection - probably the most interesting and different snow movie ever made possibly.

Seeing the Mr Jones get the pucker on his heel edge half way down the Tour Rond makes for great viewing. Shocked
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
norris, is there an easy way to get stuff off US Itunes these days? we got tired of buying gift certificates from dubious characters on ebay...
latest report
well basically no, but i didn't get from ebay but this chap who was very quick, ie minutes to send me code.

http://iTunes-GiftCards.com
snow report
manicpb wrote:
Have I got this right? After less than a month since the premier and while certain retailers are trying to sell it at £20, it's free on the front of onboard!

You have got that right, it is indeed available free with the latest issue of Onboard - I've just picked up a copy of the mag purely for the dvd.
snow report
wow. seems amazing they put a new movie on the front of onboard Puzzled
latest report
activities this evening:

1. buy copy of onboard
2. scrub myself clean with wire brush
snow report
Arno was seen leaving WH Smith
snow report
norris, i'll wrap onboard up in a copy of razzle to reduce the embarrassment factor Wink
ski holidays
Ha Ha!
snow report
Right off to WHSmiths now.
snow report
I nabbed the last copy from the Farringdon branch. Much to the disgust of some besuited chap. You gotta be quick. So anyone want a free copy of Onboard without the dvd?
ski holidays
manicpb for poster of the year IMO.
latest report
Seconded!
ski holidays
Well that was pretty good. The segment of on the Tour Ronde was the most atmospheric thing I've seen in a ski/snowboard movie so far this year. There was a genuine sense of danger and Jones' fear above the icefall, where he struggled with his edge. I could have done with a bit more Chamonix and a little less AK but I'd just be picking holes in an excellent movie. Both thumbs up.

Slightly disappointed that there was no footage of them attempting a slightly downhill traverse on the splitboards or struggling to put them back together again. Would have made it doubly awesome.

Props to manicpb as otherwise I would have missed this.
latest report
Looks like I'll struggle to get to a respectable newsagent before this sells out - can I cadge a borrow of someone's copy if not?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

can I cadge a borrow of someone's copy if not?

PM me your address. I'll stick it in the post.
snow report
Quote:

Slightly disappointed that there was no footage of them attempting a slightly downhill traverse on the splitboards or struggling to put them back together again. Would have made it doubly awesome.

Only if the temperature was at most -25 and they'd managed to get snow in their gloves. rolling eyes
snow report
Have just finished watching it. It was awesome (and I'm a *cough* skier)!

Agree with gorilla, I would have enjoyed more Chamonix segments but then I'm completely biased about Chamonix. However, the AK stuff at the end was pure class and got my adrenalin going Shocked

Quite inspirational, actually. I'm off to buy a tent tomorrow Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Well worth the wait. Been looking forward to watching Deeper for months and wasn't dissapointed.
A lot of the footage was amazing, but the Chamonix stuff really stood out.
The movie was a good mix of steep, crazy lines and some mellow, not so crazy, deep pow.
Plus it was good to watch a snowboard movie with nobody's ass hanging out of their trousers!
latest report
Backcountryboarder wrote:
...Plus it was good to watch a snowboard movie with nobody's ass hanging out of their trousers!

Well said. It didn't feel like any other skiing/boarding movie I've seen - it's more of a documentary. I do like to hear what these athletes have to say about why they do the things they do. Especially people who have been around for a few years and have some hard-earned wisdom.
snow report
gorilla, Cheers. I'll let you know if I don't get a copy of the mag this week.
latest report
found a copy - yay!

if any of you knuckle draggers want a free copy of the mag sans DVD send me an SSAE wink
snow conditions
can i have the razzle Toofy Grin
latest report
i'm keeping that
ski holidays
watched deeper last night. wow. that's some pretty awesome stuff. those guys are ballsy as f***.

i also like the idea of my own 2 feet for something that's more "back to nature". though from this link it would appear nothing more happened after march 2008.

does anyone know if the movie was ever released?
ski holidays
i take it back, i just found "my own two feet on itunes for £5. guess how i'm planning on spending a few hours tomorrow evening?

i guess you lucky people will be spared my random posts for an evening wink Laughing
snow report
that is a great movie. xavier de le rue once again shows himself to be a rockstar Cool
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy