Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whats more extreme Snowboarding or Skiing !!! Please Help !!!

Poster: A snowHead
Hello people

I am a 3rd year student from the university of Portsmouth and i am doing my dissertation project on the sensation seeking differences between skiing and snowboarding and whether these differences then lead to having more likelihood of experiencing conflict on the slopes. if you could please fill in the questionnaire by following the link below i would be very grateful.

http://www.eSurveysPro.com/Survey.aspx?id=9bd9ebc6-1a9a-482d-acdc-35edf3ec599e

Please answer the questions truthfully and thankyou very much, i will post my results from the study on here after i have analysed and reported them.

Plus just to make this clear as some people seem to been having a few issues. The questionnaire was not designed by me it is the work of a Dr Marvin Zuckerman and measures the psychological trait of sensation seeking. The questionnaire is for both skiers and snowboarders and the results have not been manipulated in any way.

Thanks
Sam Nowell
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
More like Spam Nowell, AMIRITE?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Its not spam im just looking for as many skiers and snowboarders as possible to fill in my survey, if you check out the piste forum i have put it on there too. many people have already filled in the questionnaire for me and has been going really weel since i started it yesterday. so please fill it in.
Thanks
Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's not spam because it's an entirely self-serving post that you've posted verbatim, to the same internet forum, twice.

Have I got that right?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mr Technique, oh leave the youth alone, you miserable old git. Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Glass houses, Lizzard my dear NehNeh
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mr Technique, I have posted the same thread twice as in the other forum I was mainly getting skiers replying, so i have now posted it in the snowboarding forum to hopefully attract more snowboarders to do my survey. is that ok with you?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mr Technique, And i wouldn’t say its entirely self serving post, as I’m going to post the results from my study onto the forum for you to see as i thought people may find it interesting to see whether skiers or snowboarders on the whole have a higher sensation seeking score.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mr Technique, well you dont have to fill in my questionnaire and you also dont have to comment or even look at my thread. So thanks for your input you have been really helpfull..
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Listen, feck off with your survey.

It might be acceptable in the skiing section, but over here, no, we're hardcore, innit.

Does that answer your question?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BCjohnny, Not really no, the survey is for both skiers and snowboarders and all I’m asking is for a short amount of your time to fill in a questionnaire that I would of thought you might find interesting. To see if there is a difference in the sensation seeking scores between snowboarders and skiers and if there is this could also be linked as to one of the many reasons why you chose to snowboard rather than ski in the first place.

But if you are to hardcore to help then cool.

Peace
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nowely, I sense a great dissertation in the works.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DaveC, Thank you Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nowely,

perhaps clicking here might enlighten you
latest report
Nowely, I think he might have been attempting a joke.

What are you going to do about people who both board and ski?
latest report
If you do both board and ski you must do one more than the other or prefer one to the other and if you do both just dont answer if you dont want to. As im only trying to gather the results from skiers and snowboarders so if you cant manage to fit yourself or choose between them then thats fine.
snow report
Nowely, just pullin' your chain......

As regards answering the questionnaire, don't hold your breath, as by judging others comments, I won't be wasting mine. Apparently, it's gash.

And, please take this constructively, for a third year uni student your spelling and, occasionally grammar, is often much worse than this old man's which, as others will attest, can be pretty poor, and can't inspire confidence in those taking part.

Peace
snow conditions
Quote:

you must do one more than the other or prefer one to the other

Why must I?
snow conditions
Some anger in the air tonight guys... strange questionaire mind, but I'm no phsycologist so there's probably a point t the phrasing of each question....
snow report
For so many of the questions I felt that neither statement applied at all to me so I didn't bother completing. Watch a ski and snowboard film and you will realise that both are of equal extremeness as roughly the same things are skied/ridden on both. Your end survey will reveal that snowboarding is more extreme though as it is more popular with younger people who perceive it as cooler. The TGR film could however give snowboarding the head, really looking forward to seeing it and I am a skier
ski holidays
Specialman wrote:
Some anger in the air tonight guys...

As Phil Collins once so famously sang.
ski holidays
rambotion, Yea i know there is a age difference but I want the conclusion of skiers and snowboarders as a whole, not just the extreme skiers or boarders. but that it why i also asked for the participants age so i can compare age groups as well there are so many comparisons to be made with the data and so much to write about.

Specialman, Also exactly i don’t think anyone on here is but they all seem to know better, but thank you for filling it in.
ski holidays
Night !!
ski holidays
Morning people lovely day for a survey Smile
snow conditions
Nowely, Don't know if you've been asked in the other thread (couldn't be bothered to wade through the pages of apopleptic rage) but whats your experience of snowsports? Are you a skier/boarder? how long? what kind of riding do you do and what are your own experiences of the 'Sensations' your asking about?
snow report
It's an even better day for a reclaimed meat based snack.
latest report
Swirly, Nah not getting too much of a whiff of spiced pork or ham off this one, and he's not pimped a website other than the questionnaire (unless this is the lamest click-thru scam in history) - not even in his signature.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Richard_Sideways, it's the continuous pimping of said, frankly appalling, survey.
snow conditions
Swirly wrote:
Richard_Sideways, it's the continuous pimping of said, frankly appalling, survey.

Well he's got his own agenda - and ugly and occasionally offensive surveys don't fill themselves in...

Unless of course you fill it in yourself, Nowely, take note, fake results are just as good as real results, and you get the answers which back up the conclusion you've already decided to go for - if you go round asking people their opinion they might actually give it to you and then you're in all kinds of bother...
snow conditions
Ha but if it doesnt back up what i think thats fine i can still then write about then and why i think it wasnt the same, so I just want people to be kind and do me a favour Smile

But thanks anyway lol
Laughing
snow conditions
Try standing outside the london ski show doors or inside.

You owe me now dude!....So be kind and do me a favor, what you got!
ski holidays
Tirol 164, The surveys quite long though for people to do when they are out dont you think?
latest report
I have done / do both - probably one of the very few that can claim to both disciplines in terms of "Extreme" i.e Trifide Couliours La Grave etc - that said I would not class myself as being an "Extreme" proponent - as I know many more peeps that do "poo-poo" then I do find all this to be a bit of a ..............................*

*= fill in the detail
snow report
Nowely, FFS! What will it take for you realise that it's not the tool but the wielder. There is no significant difference in the so-called gnarliness of either way to slide. Go back to looking at the individual and their peer influences ... just do it properly.
ski holidays
I started out all sympathetic, but then I read the survey.

Ouch.

I'm not going to fill it in. Some of the question pairs exclude some people from picking either option, SPAG isn't great, and surely you should at least host this somewhere on port.ac.uk instead of esurveypro (whatever that is) to make it look a bit less lame (and less like some sort of weird spam/scam). Appearance counts for a lot when you are asking people to hand over time and information.

Perhaps you should take Masque's suggestion seriously. As a student a few years ago I didn't start my dissertation until January of my final year and I still muddled through fine, so you have time to rethink this.
snow report
Hi Nowely,

What class is this research for?

I'd recommend you review this questionnaire with a professor knowledgeable in research methods. As it stands, your questionnaire is riddled with language that influences one choice over the other, logic fallacies in which both can be equally or neither answer can be true, spelling errors, and heterosexism. If you'd like to fix your questionnaire, I'd be happy to take it. But at this point, any data you gather from the survey is inherently flawed and useless. Best of luck!
latest report
Nowely, Dr Marvin Zuckerman should know that any Osgood, Likert or Guttman styled questionnaire should have a minimum of 5 variables wink
snow conditions
metaphor_, Thankyou for the offer but the questionnaire is designed to make you choose one extreme or the other that is the nature of a force choice questionnaire, it is designed to measure your personality trait of sensation seeking. I know some of the wording is a little outdated but this is still one of the most valid ways to measure sensation seeking and yes id does have flaws I know but it is still proven to give as valid results as any other means of measuring the trait. But thankyou for your feedback and I do understand and crtisims of the questionnaire will feature within my project.
latest report
Jesus Christ, are you still here?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy