Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Button lift at Raise

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just been up to Raise today, for the second time.

Now, like most snowboarders I don't really like button lifts, but can usually manage them, Yad Moss isn't a problem provided I can get past 'takeoff'(it's a fast lift) and most others have been fine.

Raise has me beat though. It's not fast, but slopes to the left. Being regular this means that I have to ride on my toe edge and twist further away from the button lift and it just keeps popping out from between my legs. Managed to get up a couple of times, but had to admit defeat after a while as i just couldn't keep the button in place and stay in line with the tow. The boys are alright, but I've got home with a load of bruising and swelling where the button's been Laughing

One solution might be to ride the lift goofy, but not really got the confidence to do that yet I don't think - the only solution I can think of though, unless there are any devices out there, such as padded shorts or grippy pants ???

Shame as it was absolutely blinding up there today Cool
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I managed 5 trips without using a single tow lift, on my last holiday I somehow tried one button lift and quite enjoyed this Shocked
Saying this it was short and not too fast Very Happy and I will happily avoid the long ones in the future.

I once witnessed experienced snowboarder being pull so quick by button lift that he'd fallen on his face and broke the goggles.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've ridden at Raise four or five times. It is a tough lift given the slope to the left> My technique is to move the backfoot right up against the front foot as soon as as I am stable and moving. It takes a little of the lateral force, forcing you left, away.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Went up there today and they'd done some work on flattening the tow path at the bottom and it's fine now!

Was going to give it a shot goofy, but because it's flat at the bottom now it's easy as. It was absolutely stunning up there today, lots of powdery snow, they got their second ski tow out for the first time in ten years and there's even a halfpipe developed on the ski down to the car park on the other side of the hill!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have to agree a tough tow on a snowboard. When there is enough snow to flatten it out it does make it easier. I found leaving both feet strapped in helped a lot but you do really have to dig your toe edge in. I came away with a bruised inner thigh though. Think you just have to suck it up and take the pain. It's well worth it. I'll be taking my skis up next time I think though.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I haven't been to Raise - and from the sounds of it you may be quite experienced - so this advice may be a bit too obvious...
I keep telling myself on buttons to stop looking up the slope which in a tin hut like MK means I have to stare at the wall, but it seems to get me into a more natural weighted position and so its easier to travel with the pull of the button...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy