Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quick recommendation in Klosters

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Myself and 3 other chaps stayed in Cresta Hotel in Klosters for an early season 4 day weekend in December. The attraction was the free lift pass offer they had on (now finished) and that our wives went away together for a girlie weekend. Hotel was usual average swiss standard - i.e. clean, well equipped and way higher in standard than many other parts of Europe. Restaurant was good, the basement bar was open until whenever (used by the locals working in hotels and so on so it started late and went on until very very late). 5 mins walk from the lift to Parsenn area and an easy trip from Zurich (station by the lift).

Have been there a handful of times of the past 15 years or so - you can read the area reviews elsewhere - good all round intermediate skiing/riding with some good off-piste if you want it. Nice tree routes home. Quite a few flats for boarders and you need to be able to handle a drag happily to explore all the areas - and importantly to get out of the Klosters side. Pretty mountains, Klosters village is nice but Davos is rather less so - its a small town after all. I'd recommend for pre-Christmas as there is fair bit open (Jackobshorn and quite a bit of the Parsenn area) and it is always quiet before xmas.

Top good value restaurant tip in Klosters would be http://www.sonne-klosters.ch and avoid Pizzeria Fellini - its dreadful.

Wanted to share as the hotel was very friendly and helpful - I've been riding in Graubunden for years (did a season and a half there) and we found this hotel just great as a long weekender. Later in the season Laax would always win but in December it can be a bit limited in whats open.

All the best...

Colin.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy