Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last minute booking opinions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,
does anyone have experience on late bookings and whether it's worth waiting until literally the last minute?

I'm looking to go skiing over the w/c 10th January and I don't have anything booked yet. After being spoiled on trips to North America recently my good lady wife does not want to go to the Alps, but we cannot afford North America again. An option we are both interested in is Are in Sweden (Neilson). I thought maybe prices would come down as I near the Jan 9th flying date, but as I've been casually pricing it up on their website they now seem to be applying a £40pp late booking fee?!

Has anyone ever done this kind of late booking before and know if it's worth waiting for some specific "x days before" best price time?

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have been looking for the week after on the Neilson site and you are right they does seem to be a late booking charge, but you can get a CC in Are for £309 pp for the week you are going, which seems very reasonable. It does show as slightly more but if you go further as if you were booking some further discount comes off. Its the same price from London or from Manchester. I also think that if you rang them up they may well waive the late booking fee.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And they have an offer 2 for 1 lift passes the week you are going !! http://www.neilson.co.uk/Snow-Sweden-At-a-Glance.aspx
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just call them. They'll discount it by more if you do than online anyhow to get the deal closed.

Other option that has worked for me in the past is to book a Neilson trip through a travel agent - they often buy at a lower price and can then pass on some of the saving to you. No downside that I've found so far. Someone like Iglu isn't a bad place to start, give them a call and tell them you're what you're interested in, ready to go ahead, but need to save some money. They might just have a promo running or be prepared to do a deal that Neilson won't directly.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you both for your replies. Good ideas, I think I'll give a few people a call tomorrow and see if they're willing to knock any costs off!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I booked yesterday with Iglu. I like the fact that when you call them, they don't leave you listening to crap music for hours. You can leave a call back message and they do, quite quickly. Also, when I moaned that the holiday I looked at the day before (dep 9th Jan) had gone up by £20 overnight, he split the difference. I had to ask for ski carriage and lift passes, they don't prompt you. And they don't try and flog insurance either. One thing to watch for though, make sure that when you get the confirmation e-mail, everything is right. Mine had an address mistake, a return date mistake and a spelling mistake in my husband's name. But I guess even spelling things over the 'phone is problematical with my broad Yorkshire accent!

Incidentally, this morning, the holiday was full price so I'm glad I booked it then! Good stuff seems to be going very quickly. I just missed out on another holiday I fancied, a few days previously.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy