Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What are the best sites for booking a late holiday?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm after a bit of imformation, and better still experience of the places to book a late holiday and places to avoid. I didn't think I'd be getting away this year, but I think if I close one eye and squint with the other it looks a week away with the family should be on the cards. I have always done T/O 's and booked well in advance to try and minimise the fuss and compramise of doing everything last minute, but circumstances change and this is where I 'm at today.

About us, Family of 4 compitant red run cruisers who after a couple of days will tackles most piste skiing. Ages range from 13 -40 so looking for 2 rooms or apartment. not done self catering before but would have a go. If eating out was a cheap enough option, not drinkers as such just a few beers and hot chocolates at the end of the day so apres ski not a massive need. Ski instruction would be nice but not necessary, all have own equipments so carriage and not hire, just the ski pass to source. Done Bansko for a number of years on a budget, also done Tremblant and Kranjska Gora in recent years but used to ski in and around the alps before the family grew and the wallet shrank, I would go back to Bansko if it was the best option but so many Snowheads say you can do better for the same money, so I want to put it to the test.
Date wise 26 Feb or so for a week, pretty much stuck with that date, certainly not before and not much later option.
Can travel to most english airports, Live in Walsall West Mids so Manchester, London, Brum, East Mids etc all fine.
So not really a deprate rush to book this week, but I would appreciate a heads up for likley places for bargin hunters and general time frames for starting to panic and just taking whats there. Budget wise 2-2.5k for us all with just spends to throw in on top.

Merry Christmas to all and I am hoping for a Happy New year with your help.

Rocki and co snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have a look at Alpine Answers http://www.alpineanswers.co.uk/deals
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try http://www.igluski.com/, search for your requirements, google the accommodation name and you can normally find which is the tour op, you can then usually book direct, not that it is usually any cheaper, but if you belong to a cashback site like Quidco, you might get a few percent back with the larger tour ops.

Best deals will usually only appear within a week ot two of the departure date, February is peak season so doesn't always yield many bargains.

I find that chalet deals are the best value (after a hefty discount). Look at Ski Total, Ski Esprit (with kids) and Ski Beat, they have all had quite a few discounts this season. I've just booked a chalet deal with Ski Total for mid Jan for about 50% off brochure price.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies I have bookmarked those now, any others with any to watch or any to avoid? I know I will be a bit Jittery with only 1 week to go but you think it will be the best time?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rocki, Another vote for Alpine Answers, also look at Skiworld and Silverski had some great last minute bargains with them
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy