Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski republic - which skis to choose?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

I'm off to La Plagne (Les Coches) on the 2nd Jan, and I'm trying to arrange ski hire. Ski Republic seem to have the best prices, but you have to choose a specific ski. I know nothing about skis!

The choices are [it's €120 for two sets of skis for the week]

It's just me an my brother in the party.

Me: I've been skiing the last two years and I'm fairly competent. Like to carve, confident on reds, and happy to tackle the odd black, albeit more slowly!

My brother: New to skiing, but very sporty, and good at other things that require good balance! I expect him to be coming with me on the reds by midweek.

I'd be very grateful for any suggestions. In the past i've just gone for the 'red' or 'intermediate' skis from other hire shops, which have always been fine. If the options above are significantly worse than 'intermediate' skis from other shops, I would probably go elsewhere.

Thanks very much for any help,

Robin
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RobinL, Welcome to Snowheads. The top 2 are an unknown make, made for them, the 2nd pair are quite wide too, I'd avoid them. The 4th pair down are blades you really don't want them. I would have thought either of the other 2 pairs would be OK.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the welcome and the quick reply! Anyone have any comment about which out of the Rossingol or Head may be better, or is there not much to choose between them?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RobinL,
have used head xenons quite a lot - they are fine - easy to learn on but also carve easily. Might be a bit soft if you are heavy though
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RobinL wrote:
Thanks for the welcome and the quick reply! Anyone have any comment about which out of the Rossingol or Head may be better, or is there not much to choose between them?

Not much to choose between them. Various members of our group had one or the other, they seemed to perform in exactly the same way really, with no complaints or particular delight in either - exactly as expected.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

The top 2 are an unknown make, made for them

erm, no. The second one is a TJ Pro Model from Coreupt. Still not suitable though, unless you want to hit the park and try some switch????
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy