Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

If not the Salomon Lord, what?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sorry if this topic has already been done to death (I'm new to the forum), but the most eye-catching ski for all-round on-off ride at the moment appears to be the S Lord.
What other skis should I be considering that are similar / better and perhaps better value?
I'm looking for something that does off-piste well, as well as providing a good edge for on-piste carving.
Cheers for your input.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads Snovillain.

Rossi S86 maybe?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.nordica.com/uk/products/freeride/enforcer-27 perhaps? Or maybe Volkl Mantras. Both a bit wider than the lords though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dynastar Sultan 85 or 94, depending where your priorities lie.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
el nombre, +1
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just about anything IMHO. I found the Lords the most noodly, uninspiring ski I've ever skied, even worse than the Rossi SC80s. Would second the Sultan 85s if you're after something not too stiff, but the Mantra is a bit of a step up.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quality, Quality, Quality. Forget ability, ability, ability, it's marketing bollix.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i used the lords a few years again and found them a heavy ski to move around. Last year i used some K2 commanche skis which were really good on and off the piste.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks guys; some useful suggestions that I'll go away and investigate.
Happy Chrimbo and snow-riding!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Don't forget the scott missions, maybe even volkl kendo Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snovillain, Line prophet 90's good on piste and off. Suprised me. Miles better on piste than missions, nearly as good off. Missions lovely tip float off, make it easy but.........i find them disconnected and rather crap on piste in anything other than very very soft, sorry to all the fans
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I bought Lords in Jan 2010 used them a few times, topsheets look suspiciously like they're going to delaminate at the tail. A problem which was supposed to be fixed on the 2010 by edge armour. I'm becoming increasingly sceptical about salomons manufacturing/ r+d/ quality just look at the POS the low tech bindings on the Quest boot were.

As for them being heavy I think they're one of the lightest (and softest) I've skied.
If I was buying now I'd go for the Dynastar Sultan 85 (or 94) the build quality feels bombproof but they feel heavier and stiffer.

If you specifically want soft I believe the Line flyte is a noodley version of the prophet 90's but havent skied either just read about them.

Bottom line I'd avoid the Lords.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy