Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Romme Alpin, Sweden

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back from five days in and around Stockholm with the aim of squeezing in as many winter sports as possible. So, day one was a trip to Romme Alpin, a lovely pocket resort near the city.

Romme is 2.5 hours from Stockholm to the North West. While Stockholm has two small hills with lifts within the city limits, at Flottsbro and Hammerby, Romme is probably the nearest one that will keep you amused for a day. It has a about a dozen lifts, 30 runs, two valleys and a small base station with rental, restaurants and accommodation.

The web site has an ENglish option and it is possible to book not only y0ur lift ticket and hire but a travel ticket for the bus from Stockholm. It runs Tuesdays, Thursday-Saturday and departs from the bus terminal near the central train station.

Our journey was smooth and about 20 minutes from arriving we were shown a super video of how to picky up skis etc, it involved lots of doors, more on them later.

The resort is at the base of some hills 20 minutes from the nearest city Galve. It has a pretty base station, that lovely rust red Swedish house colour. A large car park give the tell that this is the closest to Stockholm. We got off the bus and went to the ski hire building that has about 30 doors. THese are sets of in and outs doors to each service desk. About three customers get in to each and the hire is superbly organised. One quirky local habit is you can pop you boots on outside on benches and leave your soft boots and shoes in wooden covered racks. THere are also indoor ones in the big picnic hall (home to microwaves, toilets and a small cagfe)

I was hiring telemark, these were Rotfella cable barrel ones, not the more modern quick release ones. They had problems matching my shoe size to barrel size so third time lucky.

We took a T-bar up to the first summit. Long, quick with two steep sections. There is also a six pack up to. WE took off to the right and rode a nice blue down to a another new six pack. The runs are cut through pines, and twist and turn enough to amuse you. Grading is good, blues will have some steep sections to distinguish from greens. The next six pack takes you up to th back summit. Beside it runs a lovely red and a good black with. A serious pitch on it.

The second summit also has some blues down and the start of the longest run, a green that takes you down 6.5km to the base station. I've seen flatter long greens thant this so the boarder with me was able to keep schussing down it.

Grooms ins good but there was still some overnight ice in places. The resort was firing away on the snow cannons after the mildest new years eve for 154 years. So 13/26 runs were open. The junior parks was closed thought.

Both summits have restaurants that are reminiscent of skiing in America, imposing stone and wood edifices.

Locals are good skiers and boarders, so we mingled without issues.

If you do get to Stockholm consider poaching some turns here. The bus back departs at 3.15pm prompt, it's dark by 3.30pm in January. THe bus and ski hire was very good value for about five hours of turns.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice report thanks, been to Sweden many times but never skied there. One day.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy