Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Touring binding on Atomic R11:20

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just got some new Metrons (which I love and highly reccomend) and was thinking of converting my old faithful 11:20s to a touring rig. I know that the skis are going to be a bit heavy, but it'll be good training!

Has anyone got any experience/knowledge of this? The 11:20s have a carving plate on them, can this be removed to put a touring binding on? I'd be very greteful for any advice.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Steve Sparks, the experienced tourers haven't stepped up to the plate (off touring no doubt) so I'll share what I know from butchering 9'18s and 9'10s.

If you are fortunate enough that the ski is flat underneath the plate (I don't think your ski is), then you can just mount the bindings directly, taking due precaution as for skis without a metallic topsheet. If the beta lobes extend underneath the current plate, you're obliged to find or fabricate a generic mount plate.

There are replacement plates for Atomic skis that allow any binding, unfortunately the only one I know of a source for is the Vist WC Racing adapter as shown at the bottom of the page here, and you certainly won't want to tour with that monster. I think I remember a junior Stinflex version, and others also.

Hope someone can tell you more.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30505
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy