Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A few La Plagne questions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are off to la Plagne (bellecote) for the new year and have a few questions

1- we are driving (non changeover day) and will be getting off the ferry at about 9 am in Calais. I reckon we could arrive in resort at about 7pm- is this a good estimate? (car fully winterised with winter tyres, chains and autosocks)
2- what is the road like from the valley up to the resort? Do they usually keep it clear?
3- anyone been to the new year celebrations? I'm into fireworks so am hoping for some on new years eve
4- our return ferry is at 8pm on the 2nd jan. I reckon we should leave the resort between 6-7 am in order to make it, is this doable?
Obviously thus all depends on the weather so will take forecasts into account nearer the time
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
answers to questions

1. yep your about right give her take an hour either side.

2. Road should be fine if your arriving around that time, if it is bad then the gendarmaire will stop you to tell you to put your chains on, when you arrive in Aime and go over the bridge. There is a digital display board usually telling you if you need chains from a certain bend.

3. yep fireworks mega

4. yep leave at 6am if weather is fine

5 Enjoy!!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Many thanks for the reply!

Quote:

3. yep fireworks mega

Have just looked on you tube and seen this video. Dont think much of the music and camera work but yes the fireworks look mega Very Happy It also seems that this will be slap bang in front of the apartment we have rented. Happy Days!

http://youtube.com/v/c7vYPsc4YVI&feature=related

Just incase you think Im only going for the fireworks ...i'm most definately not, as cant wait to get on the slopes for the first of 3-4 holidays this season
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy