Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Blazewear - Update and Customer Service

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is really to inform the Snowheads Collective about the transitional changes that are happening at this Company.

I discovered what was going on after the Battery Charger for my Daughter's Heated Glove Liners died unexpectedly. Despite being bought in March 2018 (thanks to the recommendation of UANN), the Gloves have only been used on two single week long holidays (Feb 2020 and Jan 2023) - where they worked splendidly (until the charger gave up on the 5th night of this year's holiday). I had been topping up the charge of the batteries every few months when not in use.

The Customer Service I received back then was excellent, so I had no issue promoting them on here.....and am pleased to report, that is still the case - but this is what I discovered:

- The Company is in the process of Transition, where the previous Directors have resigned and a chap called Gary is now in charge
- The Contact info on the current Website is wrong - the Phone Number is disconnected and there has been a change of Email - though if you use the contact form, it does make it through
- Gary told me that the updated website, with all the correct details will be up shortly - but their Facebook Page does have the correct info.
- New Email: blazewearltd@outlook.com

When I ended up speaking to Gary and telling him my sorry tale - he immediately offered to send out a new charger, if I covered the postage. He said he would post it out today - so hopefully that will resolve the issue. This imv is very fair, as even though the gloves have had little use, the Charger is nearly 5 years old.

I will report back on receipt of the Charger and have conformation that all is well.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmm. My experience so far is not so great. I bought my wife heated socks (not blaze) and inner gloves (blaze) the season before COVID hit. She's probably used both for 3-4 weeks skiing, but has charged both religiously on the recommended cycle while not using them.

The blaze battery packs now last only an hour or less. The socks are fine. I contacted blaze, who just basically said that's what happens with lithium batteries. I replied to say that the sock batteries were fine, but have had no reply.

I can't recommend.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 7-02-23 21:02; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm just reporting back. The Charger arrived on Monday, so had been promptly despatched as promised....and it appears to work fine. I received good Customer Service back in 2018 and now in 2023.

Personally, I do think that they should be cut some slack, as they had to deal with Covid and a change in management (now under Gary, who needs time to get his house in order).

Previous experiences noted on here, both for product and Customer Service have been generally very favourable...so I wish them well.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm glad you have received good service. I have not. Gary has yet to even reply to either of my last two email messages. I'm not even asking them to replace the batteries - just to consider discounting replacement as I do not think they should have died with so little use and when maintained as per the instructions. The fact that they appear to think this deterioration is expected concerns me more than the fact that it has occurred. Incidentally, I took the batteries apart to see if I could simply replace the cells and was not impressed with the build quality (and could not see enough information on the apparently unbranded cells to identify them).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gary replied to say "out of warranty, can't help" and that he'd spend all his time sending out free batteries if he didn't have that policy - which suggests my experience is not unusual. (And I hadn't asked for 'free batteries' - I suggested discounting replacements would be fair.)

But I'm not going to replace the batteries as I know that rate of degradation is not inevitable. The hotronic socks which I bought a year earlier and have had the same maintenance charging schedule have no significant loss of capacity and the difference in build quality is also very obvious.

The inner gloves worked well while they lasted, but I will be looking elsewhere from now on. YMMV.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@turbosmurf, @Old Fartbag, sadly, I reckon a home cottage industry has been bought by an "entrepreneur" ... and in the meantime Amazon has opened itself to direct Chinese sales ... Mrs U replaced her Blaze inners with "Snowdeers" (I know WTAF) at less than original price, seem fine, cheap enough to not worry ...

Also all the connectors and batteries are generic ...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name wrote:
@turbosmurf, @Old Fartbag, sadly, I reckon a home cottage industry has been bought by an "entrepreneur" ... and in the meantime Amazon has opened itself to direct Chinese sales ... Mrs U replaced her Blaze inners with "Snowdeers" (I know WTAF) at less than original price, seem fine, cheap enough to not worry ...

Also all the connectors and batteries are generic ...

Think you are right re the acquisition. My guess is he's made the calculation that the charger (which is just a generic USB charger, probably a couple of quid wholesale and doesn't fail often) is worth supplying to keep a customer happy, but the battery packs (significantly more expensive and probably fail a lot) are not.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 9-02-23 18:39; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@under a new name, thanks - you were completely right. Standard USB battery packs do work - the control electronics are in the inner glove. Still unimpressed with Blaze, but at least I can source batteries elsewhere.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy